15 days ago
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) Bomber Aircraft Sustainment Program is seeking a highly qualified Senior Software Engineer to lead the Avionics Software product development activities throughout the aircraft modification lifecycle.
The Aircraft Platform Software Team is responsible for the software architecture and design modifications of the following system components:
* Flight Management
* Test Modes, Monitoring and Reporting
* Mission Management
* Operator Controls and Displays
* Sensor Management
* Communication Systems
* Weapon Management
* Providing detailed technical leadership for the project software development activity for all phases (requirements, design, development, and integration/test) including leading the architecture and design teams with a strong customer focus.
* Develop a fundamental understanding of all system and software team execution and development processes.
The selected candidate will support the Product Team Manager in the following areas:
* Program execution
* Pursuit of new business including estimates
* Communications with the Program Manager, Program System Engineering Integration Team (SEIT), and the customer
* Review and monitor the development team’s status, metrics, schedules and plans
* Provide leadership to ensure all required functions comply with requirements
* Verify high quality functionality is developed and properly tested
* Develop innovative solutions to a wide range of complex problems and recommend corrective actions
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Experience in developing software supporting spacecraft, missiles or aircraft programs.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
* Secret clearance
* Experience with Rationale DOORs, Clearcase, and Clearquest
* Experience with the software estimating process
* Experience with export controls
* Minimum of 10+ years working on large complex development system/activities
* Experience in technical leadership of complex Software Architectures
* Experience with DO-178B assurance levels and/or Agile Software methods
* Experience with Ada, C, C++, and C# and scripting programming languages
* Experience with Unix and Linux Operating Systems
* Experience with Real-Time POSIX Operating Systems (VxWorks, Integrity, etc.)
* Experience as a Designated Engineering Representative (DER) or as a Unit Member (UM) in support of programs requiring FAA type certifications
Typical Education & Experience:
Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award