5 months ago
* Designing and implementing our Microsoft SQL server environment
* Maintaining optimal performance of the servers in day-to-day operations
* Developing, managing and testing a database disaster recovery program by incorporating High Availability and backups
* Managing storage environments for data, logs and backups, while monitoring space and providing growth statistics
* Querying and administrating MS SQL Server 2012 & 2016
* Install, configure and upgrade existing SQL server infrastructure.
* Support SQL Server services including SSIS(Integration), SSRS(Reporting) and SSAS(Analysis).
* Provide fully redundant and highly available SQL databases supporting our website and SharePoint infrastructure.
* Create database documentation including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary.
* Establish and monitor the best practices for controlling access permissions and privileges to the SQL environment.
* Develop and document procedures based on Sun Country Security Policies and standards regarding MS SQL server deployment, operation, and administration. Additionally, play a key role in enforcing adherence to those policies, standards, and procedures.
* Configure SQL Server monitoring and respond to server outages.
* Participate in required security testing and official audit functions and help develop plans to remediate deficiencies.
* Install, build and troubleshoot IIS, .Net and SQL servers in a three tiered architecture.
* Role based security implementation and auditing
* Providing expert SQL server knowledge and solutions
* Benchmark, analyze, and document the SQL environment
* Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory and proper disk configurations
* Technical documentation
* Prioritize and execute tasks efficiently and effectively
* Implement operational automation using scripts
* Make recommendations for upgrades and/or changes to our current database infrastructure and overall server architecture
* Maintain open communication and high level of professionalism
* Other responsibilities as required
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Supervisory Responsibility: No direct reports
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: Full Time
Required Education and Experience:
* 8-10 years of experience maintaining and administrating SQL database environments
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Ability to write and debug and performance tune T-SQL queries
* Ability to write complex Microsoft SQL Server stored procedures and functions
* Data modeling (dimensional and/or relational)
* SQL Server 2012/2016 experience creating stored procedures, views, tables
* Ability to work independently on projects and issues with attention to detail
* Willingness to be on call
* Willingness to collaborate and teach others and exceed expectations
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize and engage productively on multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to balance application development and application support needs.
* Address change requests, issues and defects in a timely manner.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Conduct all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all local, state and federal safety and health regulatory requirements, programmatic standards, and with any internal policies and procedures identified by Sun Country Airlines