10 months ago
With annual sales of $11 billion in fiscal year 2016, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 49 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 60 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel, inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of integrity, innovation, and customer satisfaction. As a result, our business has seen consistent growth and, best of all, our team members share in Parker’s success.
Senior Procurement Quality Engineer
Parker Aerospace’s Control Systems Division is looking for exceptional talent to join our organization which develops advanced control electronics and actuation technology found on many of today’s modern aircraft. In this role, you’ll develop, modify, apply and ensure quality standards are met by our supplier network. The product focus of this role is the electronic portion of an integrated flight control system. You’ll be relied upon to provide diverse and complex solutions for quality improvement by determining and applying advanced quality methodology. You’ll guide technical evaluations, analysis, and related data acquisition processes to ensure division quality objectives are achieved and that suppliers understand issues of materiality, quality, product requirements and specifications on a variety of products. The ability to clearly communicate is critical as you’ll be interfacing with not only external customers but a variety of internal stake holders (design, test/validation, and manufacturing). If you wish to join an established company with nearly a 100 year history, then we would like to hear from you. One of our recruiters would value the opportunity to further discuss this exciting career opportunity.
-Assesses quality performance (or cost-of-quality) using statistical and analytical methods. Devises and implements various complex methods and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision, reliability, and accuracy of products, processes, and production equipment.
-Develops and establishes advanced quality systems and procedures, inspection plans, quality performance trends, statistical plans, cost estimates, and technical quality plans for proposals. Ensures that project and/or process control documentation is compliant with requirements and/or contract.
- Assesses the cost of, and determines the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications by performing difficult statistical analyses. May establish statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error and determining levels of confidence.
-Provides input on quality to product development teams; recommends producibility improvements by facilitating process reviews, addressing technical data packages, manufacturing methods, equipment, tooling and training.
-Identifies quality performance, trends and corrective action by coordinating with customers and suppliers. Ensures compliance to specified quality requirements by performing in-house and supplier audits and surveys. Develops and initiates programs to improve supplier performance.
- Designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment, and conducts quality assurance tests. Develops experiments by applying factorial or other techniques as appropriate for complex products or processes.
- Develops sampling plans and inspections by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods. Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating, and reporting quality data.
- Develops statistical process controls by applying and maintaining applicable control charts. Analyzes data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests.
- Prepares comprehensive reports by collecting, interpreting, analyzing, and summarizing data and making recommendations. Analyzes proposed changes in methods and materials. Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
- Acts as member of the Material Review Board and participates in related activities, failure analysis and corrective action investigations.
- Refines and enhances products and processes by applying continuous improvement and key lean manufacturing/production principles and techniques to critical areas of production.
- Represents company by interfacing with customers and regulatory agencies and assisting with internal and external audits. May act as main contact in audit. Develops and coordinates corrective action procedures and plans.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, establishing industry networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, maintaining American Society for Quality certification, and/or participating in other professional associations.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, ensuring adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- May provide leadership to others in department. Acts as prime contact on high level projects. Establishes goals, objectives, and metrics required to complete projects. Trains and mentors less experienced employees.
- Shares specialized knowledge with others. Represents company on high-level projects. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed. Work assignments may include cross-functional or project team responsibilities (e.g. continuous improvement).
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through six or more years of related experience. American Society for Quality certification desired.
- IPC-610 and J-STD-001 Experience Preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of state-of-the-art inspection and quality inspection and quality engineering/assurance techniques, procedures, instruments, equipment, theories, principles and concepts and general business operations.
- Knowledge of aerospace industry or similar industry products and legal and regulatory requirements related to field.
- Ability to effectively assess and implement continuous improvement techniques to quality and manufacturing functions.
- Ability to use standard business applications software and/or specialized data analysis tools.
- Ability to work on a variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity where analysis and evaluation of various outcomes require tradeoffs and negotiation.
- Ability to solve a wide range of difficult problems in imaginative and practical ways and evaluate alternative solutions that may require coordination across multiple teams.
- Ability to establish goals and objectives to complete projects and to routinely apply project management skills and to effectively use project scheduling computer software programs.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical journals, policies and recommend changes to procedures.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, team leaders, and top management.
- Ability to respond to significant inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal-setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
HOW TO APPLY
Please upload resume in Word or PDF format with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing Job ID # 4936. A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is recommended.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor.