4 months ago
Senior Systems Architect
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, engineering design and systems certification, and automatic test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics Corporation, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Senior Systems Architect
Responsible for architecting, developing and implementing complex electronic test systems that are used for production test and characterization of semiconductor devices and modules. Participates in a broad range of tasks including working with the business development team to propose compelling test solutions to customers and leading technical teams to develop and implement the solutions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
* In response to a customer's requirements, the candidate leads a cross-functional team to develop creative, cost-competitive solutions
* Acts as the project engineer while also participating in key areas of the design
* Interfaces with Test Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure that the early pilot units meet all requirements and ship on time
* Ensures that technical reviews occur in accordance with company processes
* Investigates emerging technologies and develops concepts for future products
* Serves as the engineering representative in company-wide process improvement meetings
* Supports proposal preparation and new business development efforts
* Trains, coaches and mentors others. Works under minimal/consultative direction
* Develops complex specifications, statements of work, metrics, schedules and budgets.
* Technically manages key suppliers that are critical to project success. This includes assisting in source selection, participating in supplier design reviews, etc.
Should have 15 or more years' experience in developing electronic test systems. Ideal candidate has knowledge/experience in many of the following areas
* 10+ years of experience working as a team member in a multi-disciplinary team consisting of firmware, software, mechanical and electrical engineers
* Experience leading the above team members, rather than just working alongside them, is a plus
* 10+ years of experience in analog and digital circuit design, including design to cost targets and design for manufacturability
* Knowledge of instrumentation devices and expertise in using / integrating instrumentation equipment into larger test systems
* Experience with robotic / mechatronics and/or handlers is a plus
* Prior experience in developing semiconductor production testers (ATEs) or characterization testers or system level testers is a huge plus
* Experience capturing customer's technical requirements into technical specifications and statements of work is a plus
* Knowledge of software/firmware and mechanical engineering as it relates to the development of the electronic test systems in a plus
* Requires a technical BS degree (Master's degree preferred) in Electrical / Computer engineering.
* Must be U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Astronics Test Systems (Irvine)
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.