5 months ago
Requisition ID: 1518
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Rockwell Collins' Advanced Technology Center (ATC) is seeking a Senior System Engineer to contribute in the Precision Positioning and Guidance Section of the Communications and Navigation Department. The duties revolve around the advancement of navigation concepts related to navigation sensor fusion as it applies to military tactical applications, with focus on GPS/INS and GPS-denied technology. The ideal candidate would have the following demonstrated skills:
* Technical proficiency (development experience a plus) in one or more of the following areas: navigation system concepts, GPS and inertial navigation principles, image navigation, estimation & filtering, systems engineering, flight management, and avionics;
* Analysis, modeling and simulation skills; Matlab/Simulink and real-time software experience are a plus;
* Requirements capture and documentation, project management, system level integration;
* Systems architectural skills including functional decomposition and interface definition;
* Problem solving skills with technology application and use of supporting analysis;
* Working in and leading multidisciplinary teams;
* Strong technical communications skills;
* Participation in new business pursuits and proposals.
* Possess a Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
* Be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. US Citizenship is required
* Have systems engineering and analysis of navigation, guidance or related systems experience
* Be comfortable preparing technical reports and presentations
A successful candidate may:
* Possess a Masters or Ph.D. degree in a STEM field
* Have experience as a technical director or project manager
* Have research & development contract pursuit experience
* Be willing to travel
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.