6 months ago
Requisition ID: 5727
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Systems Engineer - Airborne Solutions to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Seeking a highly motivated engineer that is ready to join us in bringing the first multi-core certified platform to the avionics industry! You will be a part of an integrated, cross-functional team responsible for requirements capture, design and subsystem architecture for avionics and related products for the Next Generation Avionics platforms of Rockwell Collins.
Candidates are expected to be able to an active member of a cross-functional team during all phases of an engineering system development project. Typical responsibilities may include leading the technical design and development of other systems engineers, working with the Engineering Project Manager to create and maintain estimates of schedule and budget, and participating as a member of bid team to provide input on effort estimates for proposals of small to medium complexity.
* Capture, analyze, decompose, model and create requirements for systems, product or sub-systems of moderate complexity. Conduct verification/validation testing for products and subsystems of moderate complexity and contribute to system integration.
* Contribute to the development of functional, interface and performance specifications for hardware and software implementation. Contribute to architecturally significant requirements and technical risk area identification.
* Create and run verification and validation tests for products and sub- systems of moderate to high complexity.
* Estimate, track, own and report project technical, cost and schedule aspects for assigned scope of work.
* US Citizenship
* Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
* Experience with all phases of the system development life cycle
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* +2 year of experience in Systems Engineering
* Familiarity with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) certification policies (i.e. DO-178C, DO-254, and ARP-4754A)
* Familiarity with open standards relating to operating systems and newtorking (i.e. ARINC 653, POSIX, TCP/IP...)
* Experience in real-time embedded software and hardware interfacing
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.