8 months ago
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2016 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
Rockwell Collins is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Sr. Systems Engineering position on the Architectures team in the Flight Management Applications department located in Cedar Rapids, IA. This team is responsible for ensuring cohesive architectures across multiple government systems platforms, defining and championing technology roadmaps, acting as bid leads for the department, and conducting non-advocate reviews within the department. This team also acts as gatekeepers for the department for new industry standards, processes, and our compliance to them. This team thrives on learning, pushing the technology envelope, and coaching and mentoring others. The primary tasks for this position are to focus on the Military Rotary Wing market and Flight2 architecture. It requires strong communication and team working skills to communicate FMS functionality internally and with other systems.
A comprehensive relocation plan is available for qualified applicants.
* Being a self-starter and proactive in finding work
* Willingness to inject oneself into already executing programs
* Deep understanding and affinity for technology
* Ability to negotiate trade-offs in designs between multiple groups such as software engineers, platform systems engineers, the program office, marketing, and the customer
* Mentor other engineers in the technologies, architectures, development process, systems integration, and software engineering practices
* Willingness to travel to customer locations several times during the year
Come join us and help lead the avionics industry!
Must Have Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* US Citizenship
* Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
* Experience with Flight Management Systems or Military Aircraft flight decks
* Strong understanding of software and systems engineering processes
* Excellent communication and organizational skills
* Commitment to quality, improvement and customer focus
* Prior leadership experience
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.