8 months ago
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2016 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team in Sterling, VA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
A comprehensive relocation plan is available for qualified applicants.
Rockwell Collins Control Technologies (RCCT) is looking for enthusiastic guidance, navigation, and control (GNC) engineers to join our growing team.
Our group has become one of the go-to places for solving difficult flight control, estimation, and navigation problems. Our customers come to us because they know we have the skills, knowledge, and determination to tackle the tough problems and deliver products that work every time. Some examples of applications we support include:
- Unmanned aircraft landing systems
- Computer vision for precision pose estimation
- Hand-held targeting systems
- Fly-by-wire control systems for airliners
- Damage tolerant flight control for autonomous rotorcraft
Our most successful candidates have a strong background in estimation and control, a passion for learning new areas and new concepts, and the determination to see their ideas through from concept to end product. Joining our team, you would have the opportunity to learn from some of the best GNC experts in the world, while also strengthening the team with your unique expertise and experience.
A typical project might include:
- Diving head first into a new challenging problem area
- Developing working prototype solutions in MATLAB/Simulink
- Working closely with system and software engineers to ensure successful implementation and testing of algorithms
- Supporting test campaigns for: manned and unmanned aircraft, precision targeting systems, navigation subsystems, and computer vision systems just to name a few
- Clearly communicating technical concepts to internal and external customers
Must Have Requirements:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM program
- US Citizenship or permanent resident
- Strong background in control and estimation theories
- Working knowledge of fixed and rotary wing aircraft dynamics and control
- Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink
- Practical experience with autonomous systems
- Proficiency in trajectory planning and optimization algorithms
- Expertise in machine learning
- Experience with image processing
- Background in Kalman Filtering
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.