4 months ago
Requisition ID: 6923
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Systems Engineer - Simulation & Training to join our team in Sterling, VA (2300). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Become part of a growing team focused on the development of the systems requirements and design for aviators and crew with all levels of the training fidelity for the missions
that they perform. This impact is felt both domestically and abroad with trainers for both our US government and for foreign governments through Foreign Military Sales. Examples of programs that will be worked are the E-2 Hawkeye, B-52 and C-130 to name a few.
The Simulator & Training Systems (STS) Fixed Wing and Mission Systems Engineering department seeks a Senior Systems Engineer to work on the development of new and
exciting simulation systems and products. The Senior System Engineer will have tasks relating to all parts of the systems development life cycle, design, development and verification.
* Leading and participating in technical interchange meetings and design working group meetings
* Interacting with customers to define/capture operational concepts and translating those concepts into system requirements
* Decomposing requirements and developing system level architectures including system level modeling and functional allocation of requirements
* Contributing to the preparation and delivery of technical briefings to customers and upper management.
* Providing risk analysis regarding systems development decisions on meeting technical, schedule, and cost baseline requirements
* Estimating, tracking, and reporting project costs
* Interfacing with and supporting software engineers, architects, and domain leads through requirements capture, functional & integration testing, and delivery support.
* Coordinating, documenting, reviewing, and testing of simulations, trainers and system interfaces.
* Performing System level Verification and Validation activities
If you're looking for an opportunity to join a fast paced team, with opportunities for growth than this team could be the perfect fit for you. The STS Fixed Wing and Mission Systems team will allow you the opportunity to experience all facets of Rockwell Collins STS development and be closely aligned with our US DOD and Foreign customers to bring the best possible experience to the warfighters of today and tomorrow.
* Superior verbal and written communication skills
* Good organization skills and able to communicate effectively with engineering, leadership and customers. Strong teaming skills, including a willingness to act as a mentor to less experienced engineers.
* Effective time management skills and ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
* Bachelor’s degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* US Citizenship
* Current DoD Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one
* Willing to travel approximately 10%
* Experience with Systems level requirement and design capture, including the us of various systems level tools such as DOORS/JAMA/Enterprise architect that are used to capture that information.
* Experience in avionics system development, system level verification/validation, interfaces, and certification processes
* Knowledge of avionics simulations on a variety of aircraft
* An understanding of various aircraft and simulation interfaces such as ARINC 429, ARINC 661, ARINC 664, MIL-STD- 1553
* Familiarity with aircraft operations i.e. private/military pilot or aircraft maintenance experience
* Proposal development
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.