4 months ago
Requisition ID: 8293
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Technical Customer Trainer to join our team in Annapolis, MD (IMS INC) (5010). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Cabin Services Customer Trainer position will liaise with the Cabin Service team and stay up-to-date on changes, updates, and new developments and will be responsible for internal and external training for cabin communications services to include the Technical Support, Sales, and Operations teams, as well as customers and OEMs. The Cabin Services Customer trainer will be expected to travel, attend, and participate in industry events, conferences, and forums related to business aviation and connectivity services. The Cabin Services Customer Trainer will also be responsible for the development of training programs, capturing of customer feedback related to connectivity services, and participation in new innovations and prioritization of new cabin services and value-adds.
* Functional responsibilities for all aspects of internal and external customer training to include curriculum and event scheduling and facilitation.
* Provide technical networking expertise & strong troubleshooting skills to the team and ensure that customer support staff are well-versed on current and future industry developments.
* Mentors Shift Leads and participate in career development and coaching.
* Ensure timely response to customer feedback and inquiries for assistance and maintain peer-level relationships with our customers.
* Support the staffing, onboarding, training, development and performance management of the operations center staff.
* Ensure the team remains proficient; identify training for each skill set providing progress reports on operation team training and certifications.
* Work to improve Tier 1 and 2 troubleshooting and support procedures.
* Analyze tech support and operations center functions, recommend upgrades/changes, and assess current and future needs. Drive and support Continual Service Improvement.
* Travel to customer sites and events as needed, up to 40 - 50%
* Minimum 5 years experience in aviation communications services including some prior experience in a technical support, network operations center, military electronics or relevant equivalent experience.
* Experience in training and development of training curriculums.
* Experience in customer support.
* Technical knowledge of networking and network security technologies and protocols.
* Customer Service Focused - the ability to deliver sustained high performance and high levels of customer satisfaction.
* Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to effectively translate and communicate complex technical information and risk to all levels of internal and external organizations.
* Team building, mentoring and coaching skills.
* Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
* Ability to maintain confidential information and communications.
* Working experience in business aviation.
* Bachelor’s degree - technical engineering or IT related field or equivalent work experience.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.