about 1 year ago
This position represents the point of accountability for Project Engineering in RF payload products. This position requires a demonstrated technical background, leadership and Program Management skillset.
* Define and execute the strategy for Project Engineering at the Cambridge site.
* Lead a team of Project Engineers and Product Engineers to drive preparation, planning and execution of projects in line with Honeywell processes and quality standards
* Lead project estimation reviews, generate Statement of Work, hold project management plans and ensure the right commitments are made to the stakeholders.
* Ensure the team performs opportunity/risk management, change control processes, and management of the project budget based on Honeywell practices to achieve program milestones.
* Collaborate with functional team leaders and Site Leadership
* Manage key performance indicators within given limits
* Ensure projects milestones are completed on-time, within given requirements and required quality
* Support of RF Space products productivity improvement initiatives including our 3% Year over Year engineering reduction initiative.
* Participate in IPDS related reviews and preparation meetings
* Attend, prepare for and support EAC meetings
* Demonstrate excellent product and project management skills with a proven track record of successful delivery of product launch, in line with budget expectation and strategy
* Responsible for the development of current standard products and generating ideas for new products and services to defined competitive criteria, cost and performance targets.
* Work closely with the Marketing team to review and use existing customer insights to also aid in innovation.
* Determine and manage standard product life cycles and obsolescence plans.
* Implement and maintain Lean Principles in Engineering leading to increased productivity and continuous improvements.
* Continue to develop and evolve the standard product catalog to capture more customers, markets and expand with additional products.
* Provide functional management and leadership for the engineering team in regard to career development, performance management and resource planning.
* Practice a leadership approach of support and challenge within the team that ensures consistency and transparency in dealing with people and performance issues.
* Bachelor degree in Engineering discipline
* 5 years experience in a people management position
* 5 years experience in project engineering for high reliability products
* Program Management certification
* Strong leadership skills, be able to communicate effectively (written and verbal), and work well within a diverse team.
* Project Management knowledge and capability with experience managing high reliability Space hardware
* Have command skills: Rapidly assesses situation and decides on appropriate corrective action response.
* Be able to set priorities: Focuses on the significant business drivers; seeks diverse opinions when establishing priorities; stays the course
* Solve problems: Finds effective solutions based on root causes; seeks diverse opinions; applies six sigma procedures
* Strong analytical ability
Click to learn more about Honeywell Aerospace
Wonder what it’s like to work at Honeywell? Check out our One Honeywell Culture video on the Honeywell YouTube Channel
Is this job not an exact match to what you are looking for? Join Honeywell Talent Network to get updates, new opportunities, news and more. For more information visit our Career Site
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
about 1 month ago
only 4 days until close
22 days ago
only 6 days until close
13 days ago
only 15 days until close
10 days ago
only 18 days until close