As a Senior Tooling / Ground Support Project Engineer (Level 4) you will lead the development and test of Mechanical GSE in support of X-37B operations. Be a part of our skilled and highly motivated team who are at the forefront of modern spaceflight. The X37 program is demonstrating a reliable, reusable unmanned space test platform for the US Air Force.
Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
• Ensure the development/update of Design Engineering of new/modified Mechanical GSE and Tooling meets the needs and requirements of the Program
• Coordinates the flow down of applicable specifications and Program sources used to define GSE design requirements
• Ensures GSE and Tooling equipment meet customer, company, quality, industry and regulatory requirements.
• Supports the development of Manufacturing Documentation in support of GSE and Tooling fabrication and maintenance
• Coordinates GSE fabrication and maintenance activities with Program teammates: Internal and Outside Manufacturing, Production Control, Laboratory Test, Stress Engineering, M&P, Quality, Management and Customer personnel
• Prepares and presents briefing material as required at Design and Readiness Reviews
• Develops schedules and cost estimates for GSE and Tooling design, fab and maintenance activities. Accountable for work statement cost, schedule, and technical performance
• Supports new business activities providing input and data to proposals based on actual costs incurred on past projects (costs that are expected to be tracked and managed).
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
•SSBI Pre-Start security clearance is required.
• Ability to work flexible hours, overtime and occasional weekends when necessary to support factory and operations activities
• Strong organization skills, problem solving skills and logical thinker, self-starter, team player, good communicator
• Position may require occasional travel to CA sites for program activities for the initial year of assignment
• Competent in Mechanical GSE/Tooling design and operational methods as well as MS Office; Word, Powerpoint, Excel
• Experience in the development of manufacturing documentation in support of GSE fabrication and maintenance
• Experience in the development GSE design requirements
• Space or launch vehicle experience
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.