Senior TPF Developer
Requisition #: 264066
Delta Air Lines has an opportunity for a Senior Developer to work on its mainframe software application development for the travel, airline and reservation industry. In a dynamic, fast paced environment the IBM zTPF operating system is the central hub for all operations of Delta Air Lines, and with your technical experience and ability to engage customers you can help contribute to the ongoing transformation.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Responsible for participating in the development, maintenance, enhancement, and support of applications
- Understand business requirements in order to provide the technical design of computer software
- Possess programming expertise in C++, BAL, and Sabretalk for the zTPF environment in order to develop and maintain computer software
- Develop appropriate software and documentation according to Delta standards
- Support and troubleshoot computer systems as required, optimizing performance, resolving problems, and providing timely follow up on all problems
- Follow Delta standards and methodologies in the development and implementation of computer software
- Works/Consults across multiple projects; functions as an informal leader
- Works on complex projects that require subject matter expertise
- Responsible for providing hands on expert level assistance to junior developers for technical issues.
- Practices safety-conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Information Systems or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training in the TPF application development field. Previous airline experience ideal.
- Working experience and knowledge of TPFDF and IBM Toolkit/Debugger
- You will be comfortable interfacing and engaging with customers, defining their requirements and effectively translating their needs to business and technical documents, maximizing customer satisfaction
- Excellent analytical, technology, communication, decision making and problem solving skills
- Experience leading/mentoring junior developers
- Organized with an ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and utilize time effectively
- Must have the ability to transform business and functional requirements into technical solutions
- 5 or more years of experience working in TPF Airline Reservations and/or TPF Airline Operations application development.
- Ideally you will have a background in the Airline industry
- Must be able to prioritize work on multiple project teams, with the overall goal of satisfying all deployment needs and effectively supporting diverse clients
- Be passionate about developing high quality, and assist in delivering constant improvement to business processes
Delta Air Lines develops both strategic and tactical plans that create a safety-conscious environment resulting in employee safety and well-being.