HORIZON AIR STORY
Horizon Air: behind the name are men and women with a "can-do" spirit and a passion for excellence. Launched in 1981, Horizon Air provides service to cities throughout California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Baja California Sur (Mexico), and British Columbia and Alberta (Canada). Together, Horizon Air and sister carrier Alaska Airlines serve more than 90 cities and are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK). It's a heartfelt approach, as much as technological innovations and customer-pleasing onboard service, that is at the core of the "Horizon experience". This has brought us national and international recognition: Horizon Air was named "Regional Airline of the Year" by Air Transport World magazine in 2007 and was also ranked among the top 10 domestic single-class airlines by Travel+Leisure magazine readers from 2002 through 2009. .
The Service Engineer Airframes contributes to the efforts to use data mining and analysis techniques to identify opportunities for improvements to the reliability of the Q400 and develop initiatives to realize those improvements. Success in this role requires an unwavering commitment to safety and compliance, and the ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment. Team participation and working together skills are required to work with internal customers throughout the airline.
- Provides technical assistance to MTX Control, Technicians and Engineering on AOG or problematic aircraft
- Monitors out of service aircraft, delay reports, watch items and MEL's for any follow up corrective action required
- Has ownership for certain ATA chapters as Subject Matter Expert.
- Prepares and issues Engineering Orders (EO), Fleet Campaign Directives (FCD) and Engineering Authorizations (EA) for accomplishment by the applicable Maintenance Departments ensuring that these documents are in compliance with all regulatory and company requirements.
- Interfaces with MTX Control, Maintenance and Planning departments to schedule accomplishment of corrective actions
- Provides trouble analysis and solutions in aircraft systems and structural areas and prepares approved corrective engineering repairs or procedures
- Provides technical assistance to Maintenance Departments in modification or repair of aircraft and parts to ensure modifications and repairs can be made within approved methods
- Acts as technical liaison between Horizon maintenance and manufacturers to report aircraft system and component anomalies
- Reviews manufacturer technical documentation such as Service Bulletins, Service Letters and other publications for implementation
- Develops project plans to accomplish fleet reliability initiatives including business case proposals for financial approval of expenditures relating to the project. Liaise with In-flight, Flight Ops, Planning, Materials and Maintenance departments to accomplish project plan
- Reviews monthly Reliability Report for long term reliability trends and develops corrective action plan
- Develops presentations for monthly Reliability Review Board
- Validates project plans on site with technicians to ensure work instructions are clear and accurate. Assumes full ownership of assigned project plan
- Visits aircraft manufacturer or vendor facilities as necessary to witness component teardowns
- Identifies deficiencies within technical documentation and/or processes and develops effective fixes
- Reviews incoming manual revisions to identify potential changes to existing MTC cards and QX Supplements.
- Reviews maintenance program and submits changes to address aircraft system and component reliability trends
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of 14 CFR Part 43, Major/Minor Determination and all engineering policies and procedures applicable to task
- Maintains a positive, can do attitude with internal and external customers
- Other duties as assigned.
- Embody the Horizon Values of Safety, Integrity, Heart, Partnership, Innovation/Initiative, and Continuous Improvement.
- Degree in aeronautical, mechanical, or electrical engineering or an equivalent level of training and experience acceptable to the Managing Director of Technical Services.
- Five years of maintenance or operational experience on different types of large airplanes (10 or more seats) with an air carrier and/or manufacturer required
- Has a thorough working knowledge of Aviation safety standards and safe operating practices, Code of Federal Regulations (CFRs), and all appropriate maintenance and airworthiness requirements of CFR Parts 1, 21, 25, 43, 45, 47, 65, 91, 119 and 121, preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, required
- Thorough understanding of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Advanced skills in data analysis techniques, preferred
- Ability to adopt and embrace software and productivity solutions.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and schematics, and effectively relay technical advice to others
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with maintenance personnel and regulatory officials, required
- Self-starting attitude with minimal supervision, required
- Valid Passport, required
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Authorization to work in the U.S., required
- Minimum age of 18, required
The location for this position is in Portland, Oregon
OUR CULTURE - HORIZON AIR
For eligible employees, our company offers a competitive total rewards package that includes insurance coverage (medical, dental and vision care), a 401(k) retirement savings plan, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program (with flight privileges on Alaska Airlines as well). Key to Horizon Air's success is its distinctive culture, where partnership thrives and co-workers go out of their way to help each other. Each day, employees are guided by the shared values of Integrity, Heart, Partnership, Innovation/Initiative and Continuous Improvement. Horizon Air also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. .
Please apply on or before: July 2, 2016
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history (we require 10 years of work history to be added to the application), resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to..
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.