5 months ago
MINIMUM of 5 year heavy jet/commercial experience on acceptable aircraft: Preferred BOEING experience.
Sheet Metal/Structures Mechanic
Summary Description Of Position:
Fabricates, repairs, replaces, or rebuilds aircraft structures, repair parts, and special tools, in accordance with policies, procedures, requirements, and specifications established by the company, applicable government agencies, and aircraft manufactures as contained in approved Maintenance Manuals.
Minimum Requirements And Qualifications
* Must have thorough working knowledge of all forms and documents required to support heavy maintenance service, including, but not limited to Company policy and procedure manuals, FAR’s, AD’s, Service Bulletins, and Maintenance Manuals.
* Must be able to read and interpret technical manuals, instructions, blueprints, and drawings.
* Must be efficient in the use and application of tools, gauges, instruments, etc. necessary for the accomplishment of duties assigned.
* Must have an understanding and working knowledge of hazardous material handling and disposal as related to the job assignment.
* Airframe and Powerplant license is a plus.
* Must be able to pass a 10 year federal background check in order to obtain an airport security badge.
Major Responsibility Areas And Duties
* Works to written or verbal instructions.
* Performs all work assigned in accordance with approved maintenance procedures.
* Records work performed and assumes responsibility for that work as indicated by his/her signature.
* Uses blueprints, schematics, technical drawings, and Maintenance Manuals in performance of assigned duties.
* Performs touch up painting as needed, (within task area).
* May do experimental and developmental work as assigned.
* Must have working knowledge and the ability to fabricate, repair, replace, or rebuild aircraft structures, repair parts, and special tools. Heavy phase maintenance experience on other military aircraft types may be considered.
* Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors necessary for the normal day to day operation, not determined at time of hire.
Physical Requirements And Environmental Conditions
* Must be able to sit, stand, bend, crouch, kneel, and walk for extended periods.
* Must be able to climb and work from ladders, work stands, and other heights.
* Must be able to work with one or both hands extended overhead.
* Must have correctable near and far vision.
* Must be able to hear at conversational level with hearing aid.
* Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
* Must be able to handle and maintain control of small parts and to properly operate hand tools.