POSITION SUMMARY: With proven skills proficiency, perform skilled work to accomplish intermediate sheet metal repairs and intermediate replacements of structural parts. Fabricate replacement covering, panels, or fairings by using the removed parts as samples. Reads and complies with instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accomplish skilled manual and technical work as instructed.
- Conduct routine servicing of engines and aircraft accessories.
- Perform work actions in the jacking and leveling of aircraft.
- Perform re-position functions or moves of aircraft by towing i.e. brake rider, wing /tail walker and point position.
- Read maintenance manuals to identify and locate aircraft components on the aircraft, and accurately implements instructions of maintenance manuals (MM, SRM, IPC).
- Identify the structural composition of aircraft (i.e., aluminum or composite) prior to performing any work on the structure.
- Remove and replace filters, and perform leak checks.
- Perform repairs on noted discrepancies, and effectively researches manufacturer's manuals for appropriate repair procedures prior to performing repairs, i.e. in air conditioning/pneumatic systems, landing gear, flight controls and engines.
- Read maintenance manuals to identify and locate aircraft components on the aircraft, and accurately implements instructions of maintenance manuals. Identifies the structural composition of aircraft (i.e., aluminum or composite) prior to performing any work on the structure.
- Follow safety procedures and wears/uses appropriate safety equipment for the work being performed. Reads instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
- Prepares and maintains maintenance records such as work order documentation, logs, and time and material records, as instructed.
- Working knowledge of Flightstar's integrated operating systems (AMROS) relating to clocking to task cards, locating parts, alternate part numbers, requesting parts and verifying effectivity of parts.
Performs other duties as assigned.
REPORTS TO: Project Manager under the direct supervision of the Lead Sheet Metal Mechanic of the assigned crew
SUPERVISES: Non-Supervisory role
HUMAN INTERACTION/COMMUNICATION: In performing the job, an individual in this position experiences significant interface with his or her immediate supervisor, other managers and supervisors, lead workers, other employees, and contract workers.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three (3) years of relevant experience providing knowledge of aircraft sheet metal work techniques, terminology, parts, etc.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or GED required. Familiar with 14 CFR Part 91/121/145 preferred. Individuals who desire to be successful as Sheet Metal Mechanics should consistently pursue an A& P certificate.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Individual will perform daily transactions within Flightstar's ERP system (AMROS), vending (POU) and researching maintenance manuals and parts catalogs through MyBoeingFleet.
SAFETY: Works safely and follow safety rules and regulations. Reports unsafe working conditions and behavior. Takes reasonable prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices. Adheres to Flightstar's SMS safety culture.
MEASUREMENT OF PERFORMANCE: Performance is measured by the degree of success in performing the essential functions of the job. Annual performance evaluations are given upon periodic review and input from the Project Manager.