About Our Client:
Join the world’s leading manufacturer of both planes and trains; offering an extensive and diverse portfolio of winning mobility solutions. Our client is the leader in aerospace designs, manufacturing and supporting innovative aviation products for the business, commercial and specialized aircraft markets.
APA Services is strategically partnered for long-term contract engagements. For nearly two decades, APA Services is the premier provider of contract aviation professionals.
About the Opportunity:
- Premier Northeast Direct Manufacturers Service Center
- Market Leading Above Average Pay Rates!
- High-End Corporate Customers
- Job Stability servicing Global, Challenger and Learjet
- Contractor Benefits Available
- Flexibility on shifts, opportunities for second shift (3:30 PM - 12 AM)
As our client's Structures Technician and master of all things Sheet Metal, base in Hartford, CT, you will troubleshoot, inspect and perform maintenance on customer aircraft sheet metal components and hydraulics. Your experience with Challenger corporate aircraft and knowledge of technical data in accordance with FAA/JAA regulations are must haves for your success in this role.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience & Attributes You Offer:
- FAA Airframe certificate is preferred.
- Experience working on regional aircraft is desired but not required.
- Read and interpret aircraft blueprints, drawings, diagrams, and manuals
- Basic knowledge of aircraft systems
- Knowledge of manuals necessary to perform job including, but not limited to, SR Maintenance Manual and Component Installation Manuas, System Manual, Maintenance Manuals, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and various technical information necessary to perform job
- Knowledge of the differences between repair station, developmental and production engineering, and corresponding paperwork
- Knowledge of maintenance manuals, parts catalog, and applicable FAA documents
- Fabrication of sheet metal and/or composite components and assemblies, aircraft parts and ground support equipment per engineering drawings, sketches, advance designs, specifications and/or verbal instructions
- Excellent communication skills, professionalism, and a positive customer service attitude without compromising quality
- Presents a clean and neat work area to customers – facility cleanliness and general housekeeping
- Measure using a variety of basic and physical measuring devices
- Use basic hand tools necessary to perform job
- Operate ground support equipment as necessary to perform job
- Fabricate and/or assemble various detail parts and components
- Measure using a variety of basic and precision measuring devices relating to job function
- Fabricate and install structural modifications on aircraft
- Apply sealing compounds
- Operate basic sheet metal support equipment including, for example, brake and shear
- Repair composite structures per structural and repair manuals as required by site
This is an excellent opportunity to build a career with the leading manufacturer of commercial and corporate aircraft.