12 months ago
The Ship and Site Activation Security Specialist (SSAS) is part of a team that visits future operational sites and evaluates what is needed from facilities, resources, manpower, and information systems in order to accept deliverance of the F-35 aircraft.
Role and Responsibilities
The Ship and Site Activation Security Specialist will perform the following responsibilities:
- Brief and coordinate SAP and collateral security requirements
- Provide JAFAN 6/9 expertise to all sites
- Monitor construction for accuracy, ensure accreditation paperwork is generated appropriately and resources/manpower are scoped appropriately
- Identify security clearance and SAP access requirements for handling classified hardware and information for F-35 air and ground systems at bed down sites
- Review, analyze, and monitor floor plans, diagrams of electrical and communications wiring, heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) connections, and security equipment layout (to include the location of intrusion detection equipment) for bed down commands and classified facilities
- Assist the services in defining facility and infrastructure requirements to meet F-35 bed down for all sites
- Coordinate and participate in the development of CONUS and OCONUS Facilities Requirements Documents (FRDs).
Education: A Bachelor's Degree and seven (7) years of specialized security experience, including SAPF construction and SAP operations, is required. In lieu of a degree fifteen (15) years of specialized security experience, including SAPF construction and SAP operations, is required.
Education/experience is a contract requirement.
Experience/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The following is required:
- Experience with SAPF construction and SAP operations
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the JAFAN series security requirements
- Familiarity with embedded avionics security and working knowledge of Common Criteria Evaluation and Validation Scheme (CCEVS)
- Demonstrated in-depth familiarity with DoD security regulations
- Ability to constructively engage and resolve challenging situations
- Available to work before/after typical office hours as work may demand
- Independent self-starter, proactive and professional assertive
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and computer literacy
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Superior verbal/written skills and presentation skill
- Ability to multitask
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. A Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed within the past five years is required.