3 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities: Receives, stores, issues and ships components and/or finished products within and outside facility.
1. Performs basic tasks relative to material handling in various stages of manufacturing including but not limited to receiving, storing, kitting, counting, bagging, tagging, packing and shipping of materials
2. Validates counts and paperwork including reconciliation of discrepant counts
3. Order and manage supplies
4. Ability to interpret, investigate and take action on transactions inquires & messages in Oracle
5. Validates inventory accuracy via cycle count mechanism including reconciliation of discrepant counts, recommending procedure changes to improve accuracy
6. Manual transfer of material between projects
7. Maintains and files source documents in a timely manner to support the inventory control process
8. Releases kits to picking and production floor (Stockroom)
9. Provides training and mentoring for other employees as required
10. Performs picks up and delivery as required
11. Issues back orders and floor shortages to production departments (Stockroom)
12. Utilizes MRP systems for material transactions and data entry in a timely manner
13. Performs other routine procedures within fairly similar situations resulting in standardized but not identical outcomes
14. Utilizes written or visual instructions based on standard operating procedures
15. Provide written and/or oral communications concerning a variety of situations
16. Ability to perform basic maintenance on foam packing machine (Shipping)
17. Accessing customer/carrier portals (Shipping)
18. Assists in physical inventory counts
19. Keeps workstation, tools and equipment in a neat and orderly manner
20. Understands and complies with all Company, safety rules and regulations
21. Engages and participates in a self-directed teaming environment
o High School Diploma or GED
o 1-3 years of manufacturing experience
Skill Level Required:
o Basic computer skills
o Must be able to lift up to 30lbs.
o Must be willing to stand for long periods of time
o Skills required in simple mathematical counting
o Should possess dexterity skills, good hand & eye coordination
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
Experience working in stockroom, shipping or receiving functions
Past experience in a manufacturing environment
Past experience in a self-directed teaming environment
Locations: United States; New York; Bohemia, Ronkonkoma, Suffolk NY, Long Island, Brookhaven, Islip
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.