4 months ago
Job Code :
Hollywood FL USTaft Street
Job Type :
Career Level :
High School or equivalent
Transportation and Warehousing
Job Description :
For 60 years HEICO has thrived by serving niche segments of the aerospace, defense, and electronics industries by providing innovative and cost-saving products and services. HEICO Aerospace’s high-energy culture focuses our Team Members’ on providing high quality products and services to our customer base, which is made up of most of the world’s airlines. Our “work hard, play hard” approach creates a dynamic environment that continually challenges our team members to perform their best. Forbes Magazine recently ranked HEICO as one of the 200 “Best Small Companies” and 200 “Hot Shot Stocks”.
We are currently recruiting for a Shipping and Receiving Clerk that will primarily be responsible for preparing items for shipment, as well as receiving, unpacking, counting, verifying and recording incoming merchandise or material; arranging for the transportation of products; as well as daily computer usages (email, spreadsheets) with strong communication skills (verbal & written). Primary duties of the include but are not limited to:
Job Requirements :
* Verify and keep records on incoming and outgoing shipments.
* Prepare items for shipment. Duties include assembling, addressing, stamping, and shipping merchandise or material; receiving, unpacking, verifying and recording incoming merchandise or material; and arranging for the transportation of products.
* Examine contents and compare with records, such as manifests, invoices, or orders, to verify accuracy of incoming or outgoing shipment.
* Record shipment data (such as weight, charges, space availability, pictures, damages and discrepancies) for reporting, accounting, and recordkeeping purposes.
* Confer and correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, and nonconformance to specifications.
* Deliver or route materials to departments, using work devices, such as hand truck, pallet jack, forklift, conveyor, or sorting bins. Dress appropriate for office work environment.
* Assist and perform daily order stocking, order picking, and regular inventory cycle counts.
* Pack, seal, label, and affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using work devices such as hand tools, power tools, and postage meter.
* Determine shipping method for materials, using knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates. Prepare documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, and shipping orders to route materials.
* Contact carrier representative to make arrangements and to issue instructions for shipping and delivery of materials.
* Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
* Compute amounts, such as space available, and shipping, storage, and demurrage charges, using calculator or price list.
* Daily use of computers, including email, spreadsheets and Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel).
* Overtime is required and some Saturdays, only upon request of manager.
* High School Diploma or GED Equivalent required
* At least 2 years relevant experience required
* Computer experience with Micsoft Outlook, Excel and Word to include use of email and spreadsheets
* Must have strong communication skills
* Must be able to lift/push/pull/move up to 75lbs
HEICO Corporation offers competitive compensation, an excellent 401K plan, and medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
HEICO Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Vets/ Disability/ Affirmative Action employer and will consider all job applications without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. For information on requesting a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job, please contact the Human Resources Manager at this location during regular business hours. For additional information on HEICO Careers, please visit us online atWWW.HEICO.COM