7 months ago
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 56706BR Date posted 11/13/City Jamestown
State North Dakota
Under direct supervision, responsible for the receipt and shipment of incoming and outgoing materials, supplies, and products. Receives goods, verifies items against the record of shipment, and inspects condition. Gathers, verifies, and packs items for shipment according to specifications and the transportation method used. Records received and shipped items according to established procedures. Typically requires a high school education or equivalent and little or no experience. Reports directly to a Shipping/Receiving Manager.
This is an entry level position, in training or trained in limited areas.
* Unpacks and sorts packages for efficient receipt in a way that meets the business needs in a manner that ensure compliance with UTC Policies, Procedures and Ethics requirements
* Receives in packages through data entry process and trouble shoots errors
* Maintains documents as required by business, customer or regulatory body
* Maintains a neat and safe workplace by using 5S tools
* Adheres to safe and special handling requirements of products as designated on MSDS sheets
* Packages goods to ensure safe and undamaged arrival at destination
* Records shipment through supplier portal
* Must adhere to all EH & S regulations and policies as well as attend required training courses related to EH & S
* Follow the EH & S roles and responsibilities in accordance with the UTC and Cargo Policy
* Other duties as assigned
Qualification: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
§High School education or equivalent
* No experience necessary
§SAP knowledge a plus
§Requires the ability to exercise independent judgment and employ basic reasoning skills
Education: High School education or equivalent
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.