12 months ago
Job ID #: 9824
Location: US - New York - Woodstock
Functional Area: Operations
Division: AHV - Thermal Management
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Department: US - New York - Woodstock
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 3 - 5 Years
Travel Percentage: 0
Hours of Work:
The Shipping / Receiving Supervisor will be a member of the Planning / Materials leadership team, reporting to the Materials Manager and will be a key resource in developing and executing processes to drive customer On Time Delivery. This position will be responsible to ensure timely delivery of products to both internal and external customers, working with Supply Chain, Master Scheduling and Manufacturing departments.
• Mobilize department team to deliver/execute shipping and receiving outcomes and meet safety, quality, production, financial and customer goals as defined by the business objectives
• Preparing and verifying documents, such as, bills of lading and shipping orders to route materials.
• Utilizes FedEx and UPS software, plus carrier web sites to process shipments, obtain freight quotes, and track shipments.
• Communicates directly with both internal and external customers and provides professional service including resolution of problems and discrepancies while building and improving customer relationships.
• Maintains shipping / receiving files for accuracy and accessibility. Utilizes computer systems for planning, analysis, execution, and documentation of shipping / receiving activities.
• Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work area
• Inspect product to ensure adherence to customer specifications
• Report discrepancies and quarantine as necessary
• Develop a team environment and promote a positive attitude within department. (Employee development to include evaluations and co-coordinating their training)
• Demonstrate safety procedures and safe equipment operation to new employees
• Confer with management, peers or subordinates to resolve employee issues
• Use resources effectively
• Work with management on other assigned duties
• Suggest modifications to established procedures and improve quality to reduce cost
• Ensuring department KPI's are hit on a daily and weekly basis
• Champion process improvements in coordination with the Operations Team to achieve the company vision, and maintain inventory control.
• Ability to collect and analyze department data to develop appropriate countermeasures / action plans
• Identifying cost savings opportunities both inside and outside of their department
• Perform miscellaneous duties as assigned
• Bachelors degree in Operations/Business/Supply Chain or equivalent experience
• Three years experience in warehouse management to include a minimum of three years supervisory experience in a warehouse, shipping or manufacturing environment
• Knowledge of shipping documentation to include BOLs, export paperwork requirements, UPS/FEDEX processing, invoicing
• Knowledge of transportation requirements for shipping and receiving product into and out of plant
• Training skills: demonstrated experience developing and executing training in continuous improvement in parallel with plant lean initiatives
• Change facilitation: leading team through change model and build culture of improvement and excellence
• Team building: motivating people to work together across organizations and cultures
• Communication skills: verbal and written, with associates and leadership
• Conflict resolution: resolve difficult issues between associates and have self-awareness to monitor actions and others' perceptions while driving change
• Sustainability: insure changes are fully integrated into the organization through follow-up, perseverance and consistency
• Business and financial acumen: ability to quantify actions, recognize opportunities in situations, create buy-in
• Demonstrated excellent analytical and logical thinking to understand and analyze complex business processes
• Must be proficient with MS Excel, Word, Outlook, EAP software and Customer Portals
• Available for Overtime
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.