9 months ago
Shop Certifying Authority Technician
Closing Date: May 19, 2017
Job Type: Permanent
Shift: Shift Work
Number of Openings
Purpose of Position:
To perform overhaul, repair, modification, inspection, testing and certification of aviation components and carry out other related duties as assigned.
* Carry out and certify overhaul, repair, modification, inspection, and testing of aircraft components in accordance with approved repair documents, company procedure and all regulatory requirements.
* Follow the direction of Qualified personnel for On the Job Training (OJT), and once qualified, mentor others through company defined OJT.
* Maintain the work area in a neat and tidy condition.
* Becoming familiar with Transport Canada Regulations, Company manuals and documents as required.
* Follow company procedures in the completion of your duties.
* Record all work accomplished in the Maintenance information system (Trax). This will include all man-hours, materials, and work accomplished against the Work Order.
* Attend Training courses as required.
* Other related duties as assigned.
* Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, and the safety of co-workers and customers.
The successful candidate must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Must be able to read, understand, and follow repair documentation.
Must have sound mechanical and/or electrical skills.
Must be able to follow direction.
* Prior training and/or experience for complex mechanical components and systems is required.
Experience in carrying out repairs on DASH-8 and/or CRJ aircraft components will be a definite asset.
Ability to obtain an Airside pass is required.