6 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Landing Systems is the world leader in aircraft landing and braking systems. Its expertise encompasses the entire life cycle of its products, from design and manufacture to in-service support, repair and overhaul. Safran Landing Systems is a partner to 30 airframers working in the fields of civil, regional, business and military transport. Safran Landing Systems provides support for 27,000 aircraft making over 54,000 landings every day. Safran Landing Systems has a staff of more than 7,200 in Europe, North America and Asia.
Main domain/Job field
Production - Manufacturing Engineering / Assembly / Repair
Shot Peen/HVOF Operator
Regular Full time
Employees / Staff
Part time / Full time
To perform Special Processes (Heat Treat, Shot Peen, N.D.T., Plating, Painting) on the components.
• To carry out different Special Processes according to drawings, procedures and technical specifications.
• To control product quality and to take appropriate corrective actions.
• To complete appropriate Quality Assurance documentation.
• To continuously improve and optimize the work processes, methods and tools.
• To participate in the planning, decision-making, organizing and controlling of his team's activities, within the scope of the team's responsibilities.
Candidate skills & requirements
Technical competencies :
• Knowledge of Special Processes principles & use of Special Processes equipment (set-up, installation, tooling)
• Knowledge/experience of process engineering in Shot Peening, Spray Welding / Plasma coating and Robotic Controls.
- Knowledge and use of Gases
- Inspection skills (using the measuring tools and equipment to control the product quality)
• Knowledge of Quality Assurance documents (Inspection Plans, Non-Conformance Reports, etc).
• Competent decision making skills are required
• Able to read drawings and layouts (interpreting all the information and tolerances contained in the drawings and identifies the critical areas of parts and operations).
Knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations an asset
• Basic computer knowledge is required.
Behavioural competencies :
• Interpersonal Skills (involving working effectively with others, consistent with the company's values)
• The ability to work shifts when required.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
Able to work with minimum supervision
• Works well in a team environment.
All applicants must be over the age of 18 and meet all requirements for:
Canadian Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR), U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Canadian government security clearances and applicable contractual obligations.
Safran Landing Systems Canada, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. If there are any accommodations required during your visit please make us aware.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for interviews will be notified.
All notifications will be via e-mail, therefore, please ensure address is included, thank-you.
North America, Canada, Ontario, Toronto
Minimum education level achieved
College/ Technical Diploma/ Associates Degree
Minimum experience level required
More than 3 years