4 months ago
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $12 billion, global company.
With annual sales of $12 billion in fiscal year 2017, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
Provides technical expertise and leadership in an engineering discipline, product, or systems field. Researches and carries out complex engineering assignments that result in the introduction of new technologies, products, or processes. Contributes to and has responsibility for the completion of significant assignments with broad product, technology, customer, and strategic business impact. Develops and recommends solutions to unique technical challenges.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
____ Has Direct Reports _X__ Does Not Have Direct Reports
Provides technical oversight or direction. May have customer interface to clarify and resolve specific technical issues.
1. Provides expert technical advice and recommendations, leads internal and customer design reviews, and proposes methodology for problem-solving and analysis on complex design or customer issues. Researches and develops technology with an R&D and product development focus.
2. Provides expert technical information concerning manufacturing or processing techniques, materials, properties, and process advantages and limitations which affect long range plant and product engineering planning by carefully analyzing and applying advanced engineering and scientific concepts.
3. Communicates and coordinates with other technical resources to provide recommendations, lessons learned, methods for problem-solving, analysis methodology, etc. to maximize contribution to multiple projects or programs.
4. Makes technical proposals and presentations to various internal and customer groups to influence business decisions. Maintains and takes steps to protect company intellectual property.
5. Conducts analysis and/or tests pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials, equipment or processes and completes required documentation by determining required actions, performing or directing completion of tasks and publishing findings and/or results.
6. Compiles and analyzes operation, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified products or systems. Assesses the feasibility and soundness of proposed engineering evaluation tests, products, or equipment when necessary data are insufficient or conformation by testing is advisable.
7. Investigates, researches, and operationalizes new technologies in specialty or related areas to improve cost and performance by applying advanced engineering design methods, theories, and research techniques.
8. Maintains advanced level of professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing technical publications, benchmarking best practices, and/or participating in professional associations.
9. Acts as consultant to management on technical and project-related matters. Serves as a functional expert. Identifies mentoring and development needs; serves as a mentor for other employees.
(*) Additional Essential Functions:
1. Responsible for developing and analyzing system performance models of aircraft Hydraulic, Fuel, Pneumatic (inerting), Electromagnetic, Electrical systems, including valves regulators, Actuation and Motor Controls.
2. Will use performance models to verify compliance with specifications, perform trade studies, optimize design parameters, and suggest design/architecture changes.
3. Responsible for defining test cases to validate that the component design meets the component requirements. Will correlate models to test data. Will find and resolve errors between test and model results.
4. Will create technical reports that describe the model, requirements, compliance, and correlation to test data.
5. Responsible for supporting multiple projects and customers.
· Bachelor degree (BS) in Mechanical or Electrical (or Professional Engineer (PE) certificate) in engineering or a science technical discipline; Masters degree (MS) preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through 10-12 years of related experience.
· Comprehensive, advanced knowledge of product or domain engineering theories (e.g. mechanical, electronic, packaging, etc.), principles, industry practices, concepts, techniques, government regulations, and policies.
· Demonstrated ability to research, develop, and integrate new technologies.
· Ability to communicate and influence varied audiences to gain support or resolve issues. Makes effective presentations on complex topics to top management, customers, and/or other key stakeholders.
· Ability to apply and integrate knowledge of other related engineering areas or experts to own area of expertise.
· Proficient with software and specialized data analysis, and engineering design tools.
· Ability to establish and track performance to goals and objectives to complete complex or major projects and provide direction to the team at project milestones.
· Ability to respond to significant inquiries from customers, regulatory agencies, or other internal teams.
(*)Additional Job Requirements:
• 10+ years of experience performing system level modeling and performance analysis.
• Extensive experience analyzing and simulating multi-physics systems, including control theory and power electronics. Experience in, hydraulic, pneumatic, thermal, mechanical, and electromechanical systems desirable.
• Extensive experience developing computer models and custom programs. Expertise in MATLAB/Simulink (and associated tool boxes), Amesim, and programming in C++ desirable.
• Strong technical writing, verbal and written communication skills. Aerospace background desirable.
The essential functions have been provided as examples of the type of work performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The Company reserves the right to modify the work assignments and/or to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions. The job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities. It is intended to describe the general nature of the position.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)