CAE Dallas Training Center is seeking a Gulfstream 450/550 Simulator Instructor to provide simulator and ground instruction to clients in accordance with FAA Part 142 & 135 regulatory requirements and CAE policies and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for conducting classroom instruction in aircraft systems
- Responsible for flight simulation instruction including flight procedures, techniques, and maneuvers
- Conducts pre-flight & post flight briefings
- Conducts pilot proficiency checks (CFAR Part 91 & 135) in the flight simulator.
- When designated, conducts FAA type rating and/or ATP certification in the flight simulator.
- When designated, assist with courseware development in the training program to keep courses up to date, accurate & responsive to the client's needs & desires
- Responsible for completing client records accurately and in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma (or equivalent) required
- Must have an ATP certificate and hold an unrestricted PIC Type Rating (Preference given to designated G-450/550 type holders)
- G-450/550 Type Rating and operational experience in the aircraft
- FAR Part 135 experience
- 3000 hours of total flight time
- Must have basic computer proficiency - Microsoft Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, and other internet based programs
- Must be willing and able to participate in ongoing random DOT drug and alcohol testing program
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must live within a 2 hr radius of the training facility or be willing to permanently relocate
- Position may require travel for basic indoc training
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to obtain an FAA Training Center Evaluator designation
- Prior to initial accreditation, must be able to satisfy the initial instructor/evaluator training requirements
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Aircraft piloting skills, including familiarity with and ability to perform required flight maneuvers and procedures in the simulator
- Knowledge of and ability to apply effective instructional technique in the classroom and simulator
- Knowledge of appropriate Federal Aviation Regulations and related administrative and operational procedures and requirements
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment while exercising sound judgment at all times
- An expert communicator who can listen effectively to client needs and communicate in a clear and friendly way to ensure positive results
- Must possess strong classroom presentation skills
- Must be able to work effectively in a team environment
Salary & Benefits:
This position offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, stock purchase plan, and paid time off.
CAE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
CAE is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
As a Federal Contractor, CAE is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here EEO is the Law poster.