9 months ago
Founded in 1918, Parker Hannifin Corporation is an $11 billion, global company.
With annual sales of $11 billion in fiscal year 2016, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 60 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of core company values. As a result, our business growth is impressive and consistent. Best of all, our team members share in the success that results from that growth.
Department Marketing Statement
Camarillo Site Materials Manager develops and manages the direction and daily activities of the site’s materials and services with the focus on people, organization and processes. This includes include sourcing and procurement, materials management (Planning/Scheduling), customer strategic forecasting/order entry, complete follow through the manufacturing/processing cycle and ensuring timely logistical processing of product. Responsible for embracing and driving lean enterprise systems throughout the site supply chain.
• Accountable for managing the site supply chain function for Camarillo while considering manufacturing capacity, scheduling workloads, recommending in house manufacturing vs. outsourcing, quality control and workforce balance.
• Responsible to drive capacity level loaded planning & scheduling initiatives to consistently meet customer demand and on time delivery.
• Responsible to develop and implement strategy for components and finished goods.
• Accountable for plant supply chain planning financial and customer service performance.
• Accountable for business unit supply chain financial and customer service performance.
• Solely responsible for two or more major supply chain sub-areas (sourcing, material planning, and logistics activities).
• Monitors, evaluates, and assesses supply chain impact on operations and customer requirements based on forecasts, trends, and changing priorities.
• Leads site materials planning, procurement, shipping/receiving/warehousing and logistics team.
• Responsible for setting expectations and driving accountability across the teams and at an individual level; must be able to hold crucial conversations to improve performance and develop individuals for future roles
• Develops positive cross-functional team and customer relationships and models effective interactions and problem resolution.
• Serves as liaison and business partner across internal teams to ensure open communication.
• Will establish and implement standard/automated re-order procedures.
• Will develop crisis management and supplier backup contingency programs.
• Responsible for managing the Site operational inventory to ensure adequate stocking levels for immediate production items and forecasting for future requirements.
• Will establish and implement standard/automated delivery procedures for just in time supplier stocking items.
• Accountable for managing the Site's overall strategic production planning practices taking into consideration short term/long term production requirements and integrating materials availability.
• Will establish and implement procedures for special order request, engineering changes and part substitutions, and sales market demand for products.
• Will manage the Sites transportation logistics to ensure distribution of products direct to customers, or through distribution centers / warehouses are completed with optimum service at the most efficient cost.
Essential Job Requirements
• Knowledge of manufacturing operation that would be obtained through a Bachelor’s degree in a manufacturing-related business or engineering and progressive career experience. An M.B.A., an advanced technical degree, or professional designation may be preferred.
• Six or more years of professional experience, including two or more years of increasing responsibility and overall leadership of projects and teams within manufacturing operations and/or Supply Chain. Demonstrated ability to perform described role and responsibilities and obtain the desired results.
• Demonstrated teamwork and team building skills in producing results and meeting organizational objectives. Capable of assessing and developing individual and team skills and capabilities. Able to create and maintain enthusiasm for new and challenging goals. Serve as a role model by promoting new ideas and positive change.
• Current knowledge of manufacturing technology, productivity and quality measurements, and material/planning systems requiring continual review of methods to optimize productivity.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
How To Apply
Please upload resume in Word (.doc) format with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing Requisition #6801. A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is strongly recommended.
This position is located in Camarillo, CA.