10 months ago
Software Configuration and Build Engineer (Kanata, ON)
Honeywell Aerospace is looking for an experienced software configuration engineer to support our growing Satellite Communications product development.
This role is part of a team that designs, deploys and supports software development environments for embedded satcom products. In this role you will be required to partner with the software development team to understand the project needs and rapidly provide reliable solutions that meet the need. You will also work closely with project leaders to support the need for formal, reproducible software builds and maintain configuration control. You will work with a variety of customers and peers globally, often under tight timescales.
As an aerospace company, we are required to operate in manners compliant with DO-178 and other industry standards and produce documentation to support those claims.
* 6 years experience with software configuration management and continuous integration
* Bachelors Degree in Engineering or a related field or 4 additional years equivalent experience in lieu of bachelors degree
* 3+ years experience with Atlassian toolsuite (Jira, git, bamboo, bitbucket)
* 3 years experience with ClearCase (UCM or base)
* Previous experience with supporting and configuring Windows and Linux build servers and Software Development Environments
* Previous experience with Continuous Integration using Bamboo or Jenkins or similar tools
* Previous experience supporting Agile (Sprint/Scrum)
* Experience with subversion
* Strong understanding of version control systems, source management best practices and branching strategies
* Effective communication skills – ability to communicate effectively to design team.
* Knowledge of build tools such as make, maven or gradle
* Scripting languages such as python, bash, php required
* Ability to work well under tight deadlines, and ability to be flexible and manage changing priorities
* Ability to work independently
Click to learn more about Honeywell Aerospace
Wonder what it’s like to work at Honeywell? Check out our One Honeywell Culture video on the Honeywell YouTube Channel
Is this job not an exact match to what you are looking for? Join Honeywell Talent Network to get updates, new opportunities, news and more. For more information visit our Career Site
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
* Job ID: 00350885
* Category: Engineering
* Location: Kanata, ON CAN