6 months ago
The successful candidate will be part of a talented software team to develop and maintain mission-critical applications for NAVAIR’s 6.8.4 commodity line. The successful candidate will be assigned software development tasks in support data analytics tasks. Other duties include documenting, managing configuration, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications and frameworks involved within an agile software release life cycle and resulting in a software product. The successful candidate will be expected to utilize tools and follow processes that ensure high quality software is delivered.
Education: This position requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a similar field, and seven (7) to ten (10 ) years of experience. Advanced degrees may be substituted for years of experience on a year-for-year basis. Previous experience must include five (5) years of software engineering with intelligence exploitation systems or big data analytics.
Experience/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The software engineer must have the ability to work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development.
- Proficiency developing widgets within OWF 7
- Proficiency using at least one high-level programming language (Java (preferred), C++, C#, etc.).
- Proficiency with web application technologies, such as JBoss, Apache Tomcat, etc.
- One year experience developing applications using Big Data databases (e.g., Accumulo, HBase, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Experience with some of the following: Hadoop, Cloudera, Hortonworks, Apache Storm, Apache Spark, HBase,YARN, map-reduce, big-data analytics, semantic-web (RDF, OWL), and graph-databases.
- Knowledge of software design patterns, and Agile Development methodologies.
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git), issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira), team collaboration software (e.g., Confluence), and continuous integration environments (e.g., Jenkins).
Excellent written and verbal communications skills are desired, as the Software Developer will be in frequent contact with both a project technical lead, and be taking direction from our Navy government lead. The preferred candidate will have experience working in government/defense labs and their computing restrictions.
A secret clearance is required.
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
about 1 month ago
only 9 days until close