5 months ago
Title: Software Developer, manufacturing solutions
Request Number: ITS
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: Longueuil (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 1330-Manufacturing Applications
Division: Information Technology
Sector: Information Technology
Posting Start Date: 2017-10-03
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: In support to manufacturing operations, the Software Developer will contribute in P&WC’s smart factory 4.0 implementation roadmap. The Software Developer will be responsible of development, deploy, support and maintain software solutions for P&WC’s IT manufacturing applications.
Specific responsibilities of position: • Analyze user and business process requirements;
• Plan, scope, design and write new software programs;
• Create and execute unit tests;
• Ensure quality, performance, responsiveness and reliability of applications;
• Integrate Software with core platforms;
• Maintain legacy code and address new compliance requirements;
• Competitive market intelligence.
Qualifications required: • Bachelor degree with 5 to 10 years’ experience with industrial/manufacturing systems;
• Experienced in integration of software’s with Dassault Systemes CAD/CAD/PLM platform;
• Solid programming skills with Visual studio and C#, SQL and UNIX/Linux;
• Proficient in C#, with a good knowledge of its ecosystems;
• Familiarity with the .NET framework;
• Strong understanding of object-oriented programming;
• Experience with CATIA v5, SCADA, PLC, MES is a strong asset.
• Ability to communicate complex issues in both French and English;
• A meticulous and organized approach to work and ability to manage your own workload;
• Career driven and willingness to learn new skills and technologies;
• Awareness of current issues affecting the industry and its technologies;
• Ability to manage multiple projects (multi-tasking) with ease and determination.
Field of studies: Software Engineering, Automated Production
Additional Information: • Be available for occasional national and international trips
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.