3 months ago
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica and Cuba. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 118 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
Come be a part of building the technology future of Alaska Airlines. The Airport Customer Experience team builds and supports a variety of applications that customers interact with while traveling on Alaska Airlines. This includes the gate displays that provide departure time, upgrade list, etc., as well as the applications our customer service agents use when assisting our guests and providing overall award-winning customer service. Not only that, weve got some big plans to do even more behind the scenes and thats where you come in.
The team is delivering software in incremental pieces via scrum delivery methodologies. This includes working hand-in-hand with our business and constantly shipping innovative solutions that provide immediate business value. We are looking to grow our team by adding an engineer who is passionate about writing code the right way. We are looking for a driven engineer who embodies software craftsmanship and will not only write clean code with robust unit tests, but loves mentoring others on these skills.
Scope & Complexity
This position supports complex software development activities for Alaska Air Group (AAG) and its subsidiaries.
- Contributes as an engineer of a scrum delivery team, working with a product owner and other developers to deliver business value on an iterative basis.
- Helps design and implement a sophisticated platform that will help us serve our guests in innovative new ways.
- Ensures delivery of high quality software by writing clean code and utilizing pair programming, test-driven development (TDD), continuous integration, and code reviews.
- Actively engages in the technology industry and seeks to understand how evolving technologies can benefit our organization.
- Embraces other duties as assigned, including rotating on-call support.
Job-Specific Experience, Education & Skills
- A minimum of 4 years of software engineering experience or a minimum of 3 years of software engineering experience and successful completion of Code Fellows Certification program.
- A minimum of 3 years iOS/Swift/Objective C engineering experience.
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Expertise with test driven development and unit testing.
- Expertise building custom applications following best practices (e.g., TDD, OOP, SOA, design patterns - MVC, MVP, etc.).
- Experience coaching and mentoring developers to follow established best practices.
- Experience building integrated software systems via APIs or messaging technologies.
- Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to collaborate with a variety of team members.
- Ability to provide on-call support.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum age of 18
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree, with a focus in computer science.
- Expertise working with .NET (C#) and/or Java technologies.
- Experience in Agile/Lean development methodologies.
- Familiarity with build tools such as Ant, Maven, or Gradle.
- Experience with continuous integration.
- Experience or existing knowledge of the Airline Industry and SABRE reservation systems.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody the Alaska Spirit and conduct oneself with Professionalism, Integrity, Resourcefulness and Caring
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: January 12, 2018
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.