THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE TS/SCI with Poly
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics ("BI&A") is seeking a Software Engineer with the following skill-set to join a high-caliber team of software developers.
THE DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
· Assist with activities to develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems and database systems.
· Participate in the development of code and integration of complex software components into a fully functional software system.
· Develop software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executing the test procedures and documenting test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
· Exercise sound judgment for the development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes, tools and metrics.
· Plans, executes and documents software research and development projects.
· Work with the team to ensure software domains, database architecture, system-specific issues, processes and regulations, to include security documentation, meet customer requirements.
· Work under minimal direction.
* Must be proficient in developing and maintaining software systems written in Java.
* Must be proficient operating in an all-Linux environment
* Must be proficient in basic to mid-level Linux system administration
* Must possess a working knowledge of, and experience with, SQL, Bash, and Perl
* Must possess a working knowledge of, and experience with, Jira, Subversion, and basic Configuration Management principles.
* Must be familiar with PostgreSQL.
* Amazon Web Services
* Database Administration with PostgreSQL 9.5
* Imagery and Video processing (OSGF OSSIM, ffmpeg)
* Messaging systems (JMS, ApacheMQ)
This successful Software Developer will also display the following characteristics:
Knowledge - Applies extensive job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts. Full knowledge of other related disciplines.
Problem Solving - Provides technical solutions to complex problems that require ingenuity and creativity.
Discretion - Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment. Completed work is reviewed for desired results from a relatively long-term perspective.
Impact - Guides or participated in the successful completion of aspects of major programs.
· Bachelor's and 9 or more years' of software development experience OR
· Master's with 7 or more years' of software development experience OR
· PhD with 4 or more years' of software development experience.
· Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
Boeing Intelligence & Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.