about 1 year ago
The Lavatories and Water Waste Systems division of Rockwell Collins formerly B/E Aerospace is the sole source lavatory provider for the Boeing 737 MAX program. The Lavatories and Water Waste Systems Advanced Lavatory is a cutting edge product, offering a unique value proposition that allows airlines to increase revenue and lower operational cost. Our highly dedicated team is situated next to Paine Field in Everett, Washington. From this state of the art manufacturing and engineering facility, the Lavatories and Water Waste Systems supports its global airline customer base as well as the OEM.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Software Engineer in our Lavatories and Water Waste Systems business located in Everett, WA.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager the Software Engineer performs complicated and difficult software design engineering assignments. These assignments are of high degree of technical competence reflecting current state-of-the-art applications.
* Responsible for full technical planning, organizing and conducting technical projects in design and development of embedded software for control of electronic and mechanical systems.
* Conceives and plans projects involving assessment of limitations, defines and selects new concepts and approaches, design, development and implementation of non-routine software engineering applications by following general guidelines.
* Execute projects in accordance with Waterfall Design Method or other similar industry best practices.
* Analyzes and investigates engineering project tasks, defines specifications and parameters, develops programs, and resolves any design considerations.
* Analyzes any requirements and structures and the like.
* Conducts independent technical investigations of software/hardware design.
* Coordinates and consolidates design efforts on major projects.
* Prepares design specifications, analysis and recommendations for presentation and approval.
* Manage and administer version control (i.e. Subversion) and problem reporting (i.e. JIRA) management tools, and other applications as necessary.
* Create and maintain standards, procedures, and training protocols in accordance with regulatory and company requirements.
* Provides technical guidance and project management oversight to lower level engineers and design support personnel.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering. Five or more years applicable software/design engineering experience. Two years of applicable experience with Master’s degree.
* Experience leading cradle-to-grave development teams in software and hardware certification activities to DO-178C (or latest) and DO-254 (or latest). Candidate must be proficient in managing and producing all artifacts related to entire lifecycle of certification program to a minimum of DAL C objectives.
* Minimum experience should include demonstrated experience leading projects for civil and commercial OEM partners, as well as domestic and foreign regulatory authorities (i.e. FAA, EASA, JCAB, etc).
* Candidate must be proficient in C high-level and Assembly machine level programming languages.
* Preferred candidate will have experience with control architecture design for water and waste system equipment, including system controls, sensing, electromechanical equipment, power electronics, and aircraft/avionics communication interfaces (i.e. ARINC429, CANbus, RS232, etc).
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.