12 months ago
This position supports tasking for the Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR), Patuxent River, MD at designated commercial/governmental sites. The selected applicant will participate in full software life-cycle support of AIR 5.4.3 Test and Evaluation and trainer development focusing on the MQ-8 weapon system, including the following: requirements definition, software design, code development, unit testing, software documentation, configuration management, integration, test and verification, customer delivery and support. Tasking may include development code for use in a real time simulation and modeling environment including: Modeling of aircraft systems, Sensors and weapons system modeling, Interfacing to aircraft and commercial equipment, Developing of graphical user interface, Development of support applications, Cold Starts, and Software development in C/C++ using Microsoft Visual Studio and .NET. May include Java, SQL, Python or other languages. Candidate must be able to support some travel as required. Works a standard weekly schedule of 40 hours with overtime as required.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in a computer science from an accredited university or college is required.
Experience/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The selected applicant will be proficient in C/C++.
- Some programming/engineering experience working with NAVAIR competency and/or Program Office is desired in the following areas:
- Programming experience in C++, WPF (Windows Presentation Framework) and XAML (Extensible Application Markup Language
- Source code control
- Participate in design reviews
- Familiar with Microsoft Foundation Classes (MFC)
- Familiar with GLStudio
- Object Oriented Programming
- Network programming experiences in TCP/UDP/IP socket programming level
- HLA/DIS Protocols
- DDS Protocols
- C Embedded programming, problem solving and debugging skills in an RTOS (VxWorks or Integrity) environment
- SQL Development
- Hands-on experience in creating, reviewing, and testing C++ code
The selected applicant must be self-motivated and be a quick learner. Ability to establish priorities to ensure tasks are accomplished on schedule is required. The selected applicant must also have strong verbal and written communication skills, and be detail-oriented.
Applicant selected may be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.