5 months ago
B/E Aerospace is the world’s leading manufacturer of aircraft cabin interior products. B/E
B/E’s Lighting & Integrated Systems offers a variety of solutions to both business jet and commercial OEM’s as well as airlines directly. Major product lines include Interior Lighting, Exterior Lighting, Cabin Management System, Coax Cable & Trays, System Upgrade Provisions, Aerostructures & Interior Assemblies, Engineering, Design & Certification. Primary operation locations are Bohemia, New York; New Berlin, Wisconsin; Great Falls, Montana; Winnipeg, MB, Canada.
The Software Engineer will have the opportunity to work on groundbreaking designs for aircraft interiors and work within a strong team environment to lead embedded software designs and programming to the forefront. We are looking for an individual who is a self-starter and is looking to grow with the business.
• Work with cross functional design team to develop new and maintain existing embedded applications for controlling LED lighting systems and fixtures.
• Develop test applications for supporting all phases of development and verification of deliverable applications.
• Generate high and low level system and software requirements based on customer specifications.
• Create planning, design, implementation and verification documentation for both internal use and delivery to customer.
• Develop, implement, analyze, measure, test and validate color mixing equations, algorithms, coefficients, etc. for LEDs to system and product specifications,
• Create and conduct algorithm assessments, characterization, testing and verification.
• Evaluate and apply new developments and technologies, develop and support new internal color software applications
• Collaborate with hardware, operations, quality, test equipment and manufacturing engineers to define and implement manufacturing test procedures/processes
• BS Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or Electrical Engineering with Software Engineering background
• 2 plus years of related software/design experience (this includes internship experience)
• Skill level in C/C++. Proficient in C# and assembly language.
• Experience with communication and networking protocols as applied in embedded environment (RS-485, RS-232, I2C, SPI, UART drivers, etc.)
• Developing software within an embedded environment, including strong knowledge of multiple microcontroller architectures
• Experience with source code archiving methodologies
• Practical experience with MS Visual Studio and object oriented design practices
• 15% travel required
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.