This position is responsible for the analysis, development and maintenance of the Spirit's custom software systems primarily in JAVA, J2EE and C#, .net environments. Spirit Software Engineers are expert coders who are knowledgeable in efficient algorithms and data structures. They also command strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. They are unafraid to take on difficult challenges and are able to design and build innovative systems that solve complex real-world problems. They are a good communicator who explains technical details in a precise and succinct manner understandable to non-engineers, and seek a team of high-caliber peers with whom to collaborate.
Accountable for specific web & software development projects, implementation and roll-out of new systems
Collaborate with scrum team, product owners, PMs, QA, BI and Operations to deliver individual sprints.
Provide detailed approach and estimates for project solutions
Acknowledge and continuously tackle issues identified for all deployed software solutions.
• Agile Development Process
• Microsoft Stack: .NET, WCF, Windows, Visual Studio
• Java Stack: J2EE, JDBC
• Database Stack: SQL Server, Advanced TSQL,
• Ability to work with a globally distributed team.
• Command strong leadership and critical thinking skills
• Unafraid to tackle difficult challenges
• Aptitude to build innovative solutions to real world problems.
• Excellent communicator who summarizes technical details in a precise and succinct manner understandable to business users.
• BA in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 2+ years’ experience in writing software systems in Java.
• Experience writing web services.
• Experience working with Navitaire or equivalent reservation system.
• Experience with global delivery teams.
• Additional experience in C#.