8 months ago
Honeywell Aerospace technologies, products and services are found on virtually every commercial, defense and space aircraft worldwide. We develop solutions that span air traffic modernization, flight and runway safety, engines, cockpit and cabin electronics, wireless connectivity, logistics and more. Honeywell Aerospace delivers safe, efficient, productive and more comfortable transportation experiences for manufacturers, airlines, business and general aviation aircraft, military and airports through three divisions, Air Transport and Regional, Business and General Aviation and Defense and Space.
For more information, please visit aerospace.honeywell.
This position is for an entry level Software Engineer in the Control Systems Center of Excellence (CSCOE) - Application Software Engineering group.
Includes some travel. Will be located in Phoenix, Glendale or Tucson, Arizona.
Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for software specification, design, development, documentation, testing and support of engine controls.
At Honeywell, our top priority is having great people who can live up to the demanding expectations of our customers and markets. To help you live up to those expectations, we emphasize continuous learning and development, giving you the chance to develop your career.
Must Have Basic Qualifications:
- A Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science, from an accredited college or university.
- Must complete highest level of education no more than 12 months prior to hire date
- Must be a U.S. Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Additional Qualifications We Value:
- Software development experience a plus.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the Software Life Cycle and sound SW Engineering practices.
- Knowledge of embedded software/hardware systems, and real-time software design.
- Understanding of interrupts, DMA, queues, stacks, shared memory, and serial I/O design.
- Good diagnostic and debugging skills.
- Experience with emulators, symbolic debuggers, and/or simulation tools.
- Familiarity with test equipment: logic analyzers, and oscilloscopes.
- Aerospace experience desired, but not required. PE or EIT certification will be considered, but not required. Preference will be given to those with a minimum of 4 years work experience in the - development of software under MIL-STD-2167A and/or DO-178B/C in an aerospace environment.
- Adaptability to a variety of assignments - Strong 6-Sigma and IPDS focus.
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to act as a team member, contribute to team efforts.
- Good listening and negotiating skills.
- Ability to deal tactfully, ethically, and confidently with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively; both verbally and written.
* Job ID: 00349902
* Category: Engineering
* Location: Tucson, AZ USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.