The Boeing Company Networks & Space Systems division in the Washington DC area is seeking Software Engineers to join our team. This position will provide a great opportunity to deliver technology at the forefront of our war on terror, enabling our war fighters to understand the RF environment around them.
n this position you will have the opportunity to design and build Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) products for the Dept. of Defense, Intelligence Community and allied customers. Our products intercept Radio Frequency (RF) signals, apply signal processing algorithms, distribute the processed results and display it to operators. They are deployed to manned aircraft, unmanned aircraft, ships, submarines, and ground mobile platforms. You will work with software ranging from embedded solutions directly interacting with the hardware and out through distributed web services and user interfaces. You will be a contributing member of a cross-functional group where software coding, firmware development, hardware design, system integration, system engineering, and testing all happen within the same team.
Responsibilities for this position include;
- Participation in full life cycle software development tasks utilizing primarily Java and C++ programming languages.
- You will assist in requirements analysis, software design, coding, unit testing, integration, installation and maintenance.
Some travel may be required.
Opportunities for user experience and web development are available.
The Boeing Company Electronic and Sensor Solutions (E&SS) includes two wholly owned subsidiaries, Argon ST and Digital Receiver Technology, Inc. (DRT), specializing in ISR systems deployed in air, land and sea environments. The organization is focused on building the advanced electronic payloads that are carried by the men and women serving our country and developing the hardware and software used in tactical communications intelligence equipment (COMINT). We are a leader in developing software defined radios and the detection and exploitation of radio frequency communication signals. The team leverages the Agile software development process and is made up of quick response teams.
Engineering opportunities within our business include:
· Communications intelligence (COMINT) to detect and exploit radio frequency communications signals.
· Electronic signals intelligence (ELINT) to detect, identify and geo-locate radar and missile threat platforms.
Networks & Space SystemsRelocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.Qualifications
Typical Education and Experience
Level 1: Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Candidates must be able to develop new ideas based on technical and domain experience. They must be able to operate independently, solve complex problems, take on challenges, lead teams and guide activity.
Required Skills and Experience
- Java or C/C++
- Must possess a solid foundation in computer science
- Must be able to demonstrate competencies in data structures and algorithms
- Must have a genuine desire to develop software to solve unique problems
- Demonstrated creative, critical thinking and troubleshooting skills
- Strong collaborative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication is required
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret/SCI clearance is required
Desired Education Skills and Experience
- Linux experience
- SIGINT experience
- Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering degree.
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Open Source Development experience
- Current Top Secret SCI clearance
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Entry LevelJob Type
Yes, 10 % of the TimeContingent Upon Program Award