3 months ago
Boeing Satellite Division in El Segundo is seeking software engineers, passionate about space and excited to work in a multi-disciplined, collaborative engineering environment to design, develop and implement control and communications software for a new fleet of Boeing satellites.
* Responsible for full life-cycle development including requirements analysis, software architecture, designs, coding, unit test, integration and formal qualification.
* Candidate should possess excellent communications skills to participate in design and code reviews, have a thorough understanding of version control and software quality attributes, such as testability, portability and maintainability, and enjoy a self-driven and collaborative development approach.
* Candidate should possess excellent communications skills and works well in a team environment.
* Must be able to interact well with System Engineers/Analyst as well other members of the Integrated Product Team.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification:
Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Degree in computer engineering, computer science or equivalent is preferred.
* 7+ years of hands-on experience in object oriented design, implementation and test.
* 5 + years of software development experience in C/C++.
* 7+ years of direct experience designing and developing software for a real time or non real-time system.
* Proficient in writing application software running on a OS, like VxWorks, Linux or something similar.
* Experience with avionics control algorithms, hardware interfaces and I/O device drivers, networking, SQL and non relational databases, web-based development.
* Experience in requirements analysis and software architecture design.
* Hands-on experience of operating systems, database and compiler concepts and with multithreaded Linux/Unix applications.
* Embedded/real-time OS (e.g. VxWorks) experience a plus.
* UML modeling, test-driven development, agile process and DevOps tools experience desired.
* Familiarity with real-time embedded software development that includes requirements analysis through Formal Qualification.
* Experience with Linux/Unix operating system, software development for math intensive algorithms, integration of COTS software, UML or other modeling language, SQL DB, DOORs, or ClearCase a major plus.
* Prior avionics software development experience is a plus
* Familiarity with formal development process and current software engineering topics is highly desired.
Contingent Upon Program Award