5 months ago
Software Engineer I (UR)
Honeywell is hiring a “Software Engineer I” for our Minneapolis, MN facility.
* A challenging opportunity to support an Aerospace Engineering Inertial Navigation System and Sensor Product test systems.
* The successful candidate will become a member of the Honeywell Aerospace Engineering and Technology organization.
* This position may also support programs across the Aerospace organization.
* The primary area of responsibility will be relates to the testing of new products and support of inertial guidance and navigation test systems. The development includes requirements gathering, analysis, design, and debugging of test system software to support new products.
* The selected candidate will perform test software engineering tasks related to new product development and support.
* Tasks include: test system design and performance analysis, test system requirements definition and management, test system development planning and scheduling, proposal and cost study support, technical documentation, technical presentations, engineering configuration management change orders, production support, and participation in cost reduction initiatives.Company Overview:
Honeywell International is a $40 billion diversified Fortune 100 leader with more than 127,000 employees in 100 countries around the world. We produce and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges linked to global macro-trends such as safety and security, clean energy generation and efficiency, globalization, and customer productivity. Our core businesses – Aerospace, Home and Building Technologies, Safety and Productivity Solutions, and Performance Materials and Technologies – are leaders in their respective industries and drive solutions that improve the quality of people’s lives every day.
We serve customers worldwide with aerospace products and services, automated controls for homes and buildings, automotive parts including turbochargers, and specialty materials. From manufacturer to consumer, pilot to passenger, homebuilder to owner, and physician to patient, Honeywell improves people’s lives in their homes, communities, workplaces, and travels. We are building a world that’s safer and more secure, more comfortable and energy efficient, and more innovative and productive.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
* Pursuing bachelor’s degree with a major in Computer Science, Physics, or Electrical Engineering with a (CompSci minor), from an accredited college or university.
* Due to export control restrictions, must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
* Must complete the highest level of education no more than 12 months prior to hire date
* Experience with inertial sensors integration, test, and analysis a plus
* Experience related to Matlab, LabView, C, C++, C#
* Experience with Agile software development
* Proficiency with MS Office Tools (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
* Demonstrated academic excellence
* Ability to work with teams of cross functional engineers
* Interpersonal skills: Relates well to all levels and kinds of people
* Able to build appropriate rapport; listens well
* Self-starter; Results driven; anticipates/initiates and implements solutions; proactive
* Action Oriented: Full of energy for the things that need to be accomplished; bias for action; decision-maker, team player