4 months ago
Software Engineer (Enterprise SW) - Test & Training Instrumentation
"I feel the need...the need for speed!" If you like the movie "Top Gun", you will love the Rockwell Collins Test and Training Instrumentation (T&TI) Engineering Department, and the opportunities we have for you to development our military's future Air Combat Training (ACT) system with us.
Rockwell Collins (NYSE: COL) is a pioneer in the development and deployment of innovative communication solutions for government applications. The T&TI Engineering Department develops state-of-the-art test and training range products for cryptographic, datalink, networking, and command and control applications. We specialize in the development of high quality, highly secure training solutions for the U.S. military, laying the foundation for Live Virtual Constructive (LVC) capabilities. T&TI Engineering is responsible for all product line and engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test and certification of ACT systems (just like Top Gun), maturing products from concept phase through accreditation and factory production.
The T&TI Software Development Engineering team is looking for a dynamic Software Engineer. The candidate will be a participant on a software development team with the responsibility of developing Enterprise software from design through software unit test. The candidate may interpret software requirements and translate these artifacts into well formed software design. The candidate will participate as a member of the software team creating the software design utilizing both written descriptions and Unified Modeling Language diagrams. Further, the candidate may be expected to make design trade-offs and defend design decisions. The candidate will produce high quality code reflective of the design and fulfilling the requirements through adherence to a well defined software process and by following stringent coding standards.
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A comprehensive relocation package is available to qualified applicants.
Must Have Requirements:
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
* Candidate must hold a current U.S. DoD SECRET Security Clearance or be eligible to obtain a U.S. DoD SECRET Security Clearance.
* Enterprise software development experience (Java, XML suite) (2 years)
* Enterprise networking experience (2 years)
* Linux development experience (2 years)
* Experience following a well defined software development process (2 years)
* Adaptable to change, enjoys learning new technologies, and contributes to a positive work environment
* Solid written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks while balancing priorities and schedules
* Motivated self-starter with strong analytical skills
* Configuration management tools and processes experience
* User interface design experience
* JavaFX, Eclipse, and Rich Client Platform (RCP) experience
* UML experience
* Enterprise Architect experience
* FACE (Future Airborne Capability Environment) experience
* OOA/D architectures and design patterns experience
* Multi-threaded / scalable applications experience
* Experience investigating problems to the root cause and then creating and implementing corrective actions
* Agile development methodology experience
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.