4 months ago
The Software Process Engineer will plan, coordinate, and provide process support for software development, operations, and maintenance activities to all El Segundo site programs. Programs supported include both classified and unclassified. Works under minimal direction.
* Providing process leadership for software projects through selection, tailoring, and deployment of corrective action processes, tools, and metrics.
* Develops/modifies software development plans with management.
* Serves as a subject matter expert for the site for software processes, metrics, and applicable government regulations.
* Provides training (live and on-line) on tools and processes.
* Advises new product line programs on site software product line process definition and configuration control requirements; documents configuration control and build requirements; and has familiarity with ClearCase/ClearQuest, and GIT.
* Ensures all steps of the lifecycle are documented as required by the customer or site processes and tracks and evaluates software team progress metrics.
* Aids software developers in defining requirements using DOORS.
* Verifies that required software traceability is defined and performed.
* Assists with formal test preparations such as traceability and test documentation, and with preparation of materials for customer reviews such as Test Readiness Reviews and Sell-offs.
* Identifies process risks/opportunities and performs root cause corrective analysis (RCCA) as required.
* Successful candidate assists code developers with peer reviews throughout the lifecycle, and must be familiar with traditional and agile software development methods, preferably with experience as a SCRUM Master.
* Candidate will define roles/tasks, plan, schedule, and track Agile process implementation; identify, monitor, and control processes and baselines to include product backlog, requirements, and software development library artifacts.
* Candidate supports software reviews during Agile sprints.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Excellent organization skills.
* Creation and collection of metrics for monitoring the health of systems.
* Provide training on tools and processes.
* Perform process audits with the goals of insuring compliance and of streamlining processes.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification:
Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
* Experience with configuration management and/or requirements tools such as DOORS, ClearCase, and ClearQuest.
* Experience with both classic Waterfall and Agile software development methodologies.
* Experience defining, writing, managing, and controlling processes for a software organization or team.
* Experience acting in the agile (SCRUM) leadership roles of Product Owner or SCRUM Master.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award