The Patriot Advance Capability (PAC-3) program is looking for a software engineer to work in the field of analog/digital and RF systems on a high performance airborne RADAR system at our Huntington Beach facility.
• The successful candidate will work in a Software Development area in design, code and test of radar acquisition, track, and signal processing software.
• A background in Electrical Engineering is highly desirable and the ability to use integration and test tools including logic analyzers and o-scopes.
• Process oriented and be familiar with releasing software changes and have an understanding of configuration management.
• Individual will participate in all phases of software engineering, including, algorithm design, coding, embedded integration & test and documentation.
• General Knowledge of real-time target environments, including processor and network architectures, communication protocols, simulation frameworks and electrical interfaces.
• Ability to build, integrate and troubleshoot software components. Platforms include Greenhill's Integrated Development Environment, Visual Studio, Matlab, Labview, Unix and Windows.
• Languages include C++, C# and ADA.
• Development and test of PAC-3 software encompass the use of commercial (COTS), PAC-3 RF unique hardware and hardware analyzers.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active (or the ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Requires the ability to obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
This position requires The Ability to Obtain an Interim clearance Pre-start and a Final Post-Start clearance.
• Analytical Skills: Ability to collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
• Computer Languages: Familiarity with software programming languages and the ability to apply to the task at hand. Programming languages encompass higher order languages, auto-coded languages and assembly languages.
• Real-time S/W Architecture: Familiarity with real-time software architecture and design methodologies. Ability to synthesize real-time software architectures and designs that meet real-time requirements, characteristics and constraints.
• Digital Processor Design: Familiarity with digital processor design, memory mapping and external I/O implementations. Ability to assimilate hardware implementations and constraints from processor handbooks and device data sheets.
• System Fault Isolation: Able to isolate processor and external I/O problems with the use of processor probes and digital analyzers
• Signal Processing: Able to develop mathematical algorithms for antenna array signal processing, including waveform selection, target search, detection and track under the direction of senior team members.
• Ability to travel - Frequency may be as often as once a month and duration of some trips may be as long as twelve days.
• Greenhill's Integrated Development Environment, Visual Studio, Matlab, Labview, Unix and Windows.
• Languages include C++, C# and ADA.
Typical Education / Experience:
Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.