8 months ago
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2016 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Software Engineer to join our team in Sterling, VA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
A comprehensive relocation plan is available for qualified applicants.
This software engineering position is within the Simulation & Training Solutions (STS) business area. STS develops and builds simulators and training systems for both military and commercial customers. Devices range in complexity from desktop training all the way up to high fidelity weapon system and full-flight training systems including full visual, motion, and simulator interoperability (HLA/DIS).
* Architect effective software product designs
* Assist in development detailed software specifications and provide accurate time estimates for the software development
* Design, develop, implement, test, and debug real time, multi-threaded, multiprocessing software applications and associated user interfaces
* Support and enhance existing software products as necessary
If you're looking for an opportunity to join a fast paced team, with opportunities for growth than this team could be the perfect fit for you. The Rockwell Collins Instructional system team will allow you the opportunity to experience all facets of multiple Instructor Operator Station (IOS) architectures and work within an environment looking to innovate new processes/technology to better leverage the Government Systems market.
Must Have Requirements:
* US Citizenship
* Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
* Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; identified skills and experience.
* Strong OOP skills including STL, templates
* 3+ years of experience with developing applications .NET 4.5, C#, WPF, C++, SQL
* Experience with software engineering concepts and the software development life cycle (requirements, design, implementation, test, support)\\
* Visual Studio and Eclipse
* Good written and oral communication skills
* AGILE Experience
* Scripting Languages (Python, Perl, etc.)
* Installers (WIX, MSI, RPM, DEB etc.)
* Real-time programming
* Source code control (SVN, Git, ClearCase etc.)
* Cyber security
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.