8 months ago
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2016 America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Software Engineer to join our team in Sterling, VA. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
A comprehensive relocation plan is available for qualified applicants.
Rockwell Collins, Control Technologies Inc (RCCT) is the premier developer and manufacturer of flight control, navigation, and electronic engine control systems, specializing in Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs). Our success and rapid growth equal new opportunities for talented engineers to join our team. At RCCT you will work with enthusiastic and innovative business and technical professionals in a fast paced and positive environment. You will contribute directly to exciting projects on the cutting edge of controls technology.
Join a team of Rockwell Collins embedded software engineers responsible for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles' flight control and navigation systems.
The primary responsibility of this role is to lead development of real time embedded navigation and flight control systems through the full software development lifecycle in a multidisciplinary avionics and aerospace environment.
* Design, code, test, and provide ongoing support for embedded systems software and simulation software to meet technological and customer requirements
* Define and analyze system software design requirements and write software requirements documents to meet defined and anticipated customer needs and system quality and performance standards
* Write software integration and test plans; conduct and lead software verification, testing and integration efforts to identify required modifications and ensure optimum system performance at delivery
* Collaborate with electrical engineers, controls engineers, and program management team members in planning, design and development
* Develop interface definitions in conjunction with design team and enforce interface control documents to record and validate system performance standards and results
* Lead and participate in software design reviews to ensure team progress against milestones are met and to maintain highest quality level within project schedules
* Serve as technical lead on projects as assigned, working with customers to meet deliverables and address and resolve technology or system issues
Videos of RCCT UAV flight tests:
A successful candidate will:
* Possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related Engineering discipline
* Have 2+ years of real time embedded software systems development experience including defining and documenting requirements, software design and development, programming, testing, and implementation
* A strong working knowledge of C/C++, object oriented design, and real time operating systems
* Have US Citizenship/Permanent Resident Status
A successful candidate may:
* Have knowledge and experience with the aerospace industry, sensor fusion, vehicle control, and/or algorithm development
* Have demonstrated team leadership experience
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.