9 months ago
Job ID #: 10221
Location: US - Massachusetts - Wilmington
Functional Area: Supply Chain
Division: AHV - Measurement & Power Systems
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Relocation Provided: No
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 15
Ametek Aerospace & Defense is looking for a strong Sourcing Lead for production components and services for the Sensors and Fluid Management Systems Business Unit within the Aerospace and Defense Division. This position will support all sites within the BU. The Sourcing Lead is responsible for establishing, developing and positioning the supply base to support a high service level. This position will play a critical role in achieving cost containment, inventory and supplier performance goals. Teamwork within the function and with related functions is necessary to ensure achievement of overall goals. This role will have dotted line reporting responsibility to the Supply Chain Manager for the Reynosa site to assure integration and effectiveness of strategies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Drive key initiatives to achieve best total cost structure, quality, lead-time, payment terms and service by developing long-term supplier relationships and agreements.
• Work with Sourcing Lead for NPI and site functional leaders in 3 sites (Wilmington, MA, Irvine, CA, and Reynosa, Mexico) to determine and address key supply base needs.
• Participate in and frequently lead supplier negotiations.
• Develop an understanding of critical commodities and the associated market conditions, processes, suppliers, cost drivers, etc.
• Develop suppliers’ capabilities to improve quality, delivery and cost structure.
• In conjunction with site teams, drive projects to assure right number of approved suppliers to accomplish supply load; establish supply base reduction plans or new supplier qualification plans as appropriate.
• Drive Supplier Assessment process with all site Supply Chain and Supplier Quality teams; develop grow/maintain/exit strategies for suppliers of key commodities.
• Provide guidance for implementation of Supplier Managed Inventory programs and other functional and company-wide process improvements.
• Develop standardized sourcing and supply chain procedures and practices.
• Compile & publish supplier performance metrics.
• Manage supplier compliance documentation and related activities, some in conjunction with SBLO.
• Write, negotiate and administer Long Term Agreements, including appropriate flow down clausing.
• Assure suppliers, processes and procedures are consistent with AS9100 requirements.
Direct reports: 0
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• C.P.M., C.P.I.M or similar certification preferred.
• MBA a plus.
• Lean Manufacturing and/or Six Sigma certification a plus
• 5+ years in sourcing or purchasing at a senior level.
• Experience in a manufacturing environment required; lean manufacturing, ie internal & supplier kanban implementation, experience a plus.
• Experience working with Oracle or similar ERP system required.
• Experience in the Aerospace & Defense industry preferred.
• Six Sigma training and experience a plus.
• Must have a background leading initiatives in a Purchasing / Supply Chain organization in a manufacturing environment.
• Fundamental understanding of Purchasing and Supply Chain concepts.
• Demonstrated skill in negotiations, supplier management and long term agreement drafting.
• Experience in purchase of technical commodities and implementation of best practices.
• Proven team player who has demonstrated capabilities in the following areas: excellent communication, interpersonal skills, well developed problem-solving skills; solid organizational skills; and the demonstrated ability to be self-directed and effectively relate to all levels of an organization
• Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Strong computer skills are a must, to include: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of ITAR, ISO9000, AS9100 & SOX compliance requirements a plus.
• Travel: 10-15%
• Spanish language skills a plus
Please submit resume and salary requirements. Resumes that do not include salary information will not be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.