6 months ago
Jeppesen: Transforming the way the world moves.
Applies sourcing/procurement methodology to indirect spend categories to achieve organizational objectives, best value for the enterprise and achievement of target return of investments (ROI). Works closely with internal groups to identify sourcing requirements, conduct market research, and defines acceptable services levels. Develops sourcing strategies, solicits/analyzes request for proposals, leads negotiations with the supplier(s), coordinates supplier integration plan with internal groups and develops solutions to a variety of complex problems based on established practices. Establishes a supplier relationship management process with continuous improvement goals/programs. Monitors market dynamics and communicates changes that affect the organization. Acts as an effective and positive change agent, to recommend, and as appropriate, lead the implementation of such methodologies within the organization.
* Develops and drives strategic sourcing strategies with the following goals: lower overall total cost of ownership, deliver net cost reductions based on annual goals, analyze market trends to determine ongoing impact to sourcing strategies, and analyze current spend & evaluate suppliers to rationalize the portfolio.
* Leads/manages supplier selection for assigned areas of responsibility including but not limited to RFX development and management, market research, risk assessment, negotiations, and completion of all required documentation. Manages on-going supplier relationships and evaluate performance against goals.
* Manages transactional requirements as it pertains to the procurement function including, but not limited to items, requisitions, purchase orders and other transactions as required.
* Is involved in other projects as assigned.
Degree in a related field of study and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Completely understands and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, and concepts.
* Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems referring to established precedents and policies.
* Receives general direction for work that is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Participates in determining objectives of assignment; plans, schedules, and arranges own activities to accomplish those objectives.
* Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives typically have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization.
* Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.