7 days ago
The Spares Support Administrator is accountable for establishig and maintaining supply discipline, including minimum stocks of expendable and rotable spare parts for all Flight Training Devices (FTDs) at the Learning Center, by performing the following duties.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or Certificate of High School Equivalency (G.E.D. - demonstrated satisfactory performance in the General Educational Development Testing Program) with two to three (2-3) years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Working knowledge of electrical/electronic components and inventory control procedures.
* Demonstrate a personal dedication to the FlightSafety International training philosophy in all interactions every day.
* Establish and maintain automated records of physical inventory in accordance with prescribed FlightSafety International Standards Policy.
* Accountable for ensuring that FTD parts/spares are readily available for repair or replacement actions by FTD staff without overstocking, and/or overspending.
* Order bench stock, materials, parts and equipment in support of FTDs in accordance with FlightSafety International policies and procedures.
* Acquire and maintain spares cost and pricing data with use of automated data management techniques and tools.
* Ensure test equipment calibration is valid and sent for calibration when due. · Complete all administrative tasks associated with assigned provisioning tasks.
* Complete written communication media, as required.
* Ship rotatable or expendable spares to other FlightSafety International Centers, as required.
* Acquire and analyze repair quotes and balance cost of repairs versus exchange and make recommendation to management on most cost-effective method of repair.
* Coordinate repair activities with repair Centers at FlightSafety Simulation (FSS); coordinate use of local repair capability in support of FSS and other FlightSafety International Centers.
* Ship spares to Simulation Systems Functional group (SSFG) or other vendor(s) for repair and track “returns to stock” in a timely manner.
* Interact with various other FTD staff regarding needed spares/parts in anticipation of possible repair and/or replacement actions at the Center.
* Interact with SSFG for inventory definitions and to preclude unnecessary spares and cost duplications.
* Interact with Simulation Operations Support (SOS) Analysis Engineers and SOS Manager for definition of critical path priority of spares, repair parts and support equipment.
* Assist Supervisor/Manager, FTD in setting of appropriate minimum quantity levels for spares, using analysis of past usage patterns and estimates of future usage.
* Participate in Learning Center Safety Management System (SMS) activities including: supporting and promoting the safety culture, reporting all aviation safety-related issues via the feedback system, and adhering to the processes related to accomplishing SMS goals.
Additional Website Text
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.