4 months ago
Title: Special Processes Development Engineer
Request Number: OPS
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: Longueuil (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 4142-Special Process Development
Sector: MED - Tooling
Posting Start Date: 2017-06-16
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, implementation and industrialization of a multitude of manufacturing technologies for special processes, such as welding, heat treatment, brazing metal injection molding (MIM), additive manufacturing and thermal barrier coatings (plasma).
Specific responsibilities of position: - Develops manufacturing processes in the field of metallurgy;
- Supports production by solving complex problems;
- Monitors laboratory work and assesses the reports produced;
- Follows the process guidelines for the development of manufacturing technologies;
- Contributes to the design teams to improve “manufacturability”;
- Collaborates on the acquisition, optimization and investigation of manufacturing equipment.
Qualifications required: - Bachelor's degree with a minimum of one year of experience in metallurgy and development of manufacturing processes or manufacturing technology support;
- Master's degree in metallurgical or materials engineering without experience;
- Knowledge of metallurgy laboratory equipment;
- Basic knowledge of technical drawing;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite;
- Fluent in French and English;
- Focused on multidisciplinary teamwork and leadership;
- Strong work ethic;
- Initiative and autonomy.
Field of studies: Aeronautical Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Welding
Additional Information: Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
P&WC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any legally-protected factors.