4 months ago
Title: Specialist, Business Development and Strategic Planning
Request Number: STR
Number of positions to fill: 1
Location: Longueuil (Quebec)
Organisational Unit: 8111-Business Development Intelligence
Division: Strategic Planning & Marketing
Sector: Strategic Planning & Marketing
Posting Start Date: 2017-07-14
Organization Profile: Pratt & Whitney Canada is one of the world’s leaders in the design, manufacture and service of aircraft engines powering commercial and regional airplanes, as well as general aviation aircraft and helicopters. Our strong reputation for highly skilled personnel (10,000 employees across the globe), our reliable engines and our exceptional aftermarket support service network attract customers from all over the world (over 190 countries).
General responsibilities of the position: Area of Expertise:
Development of long-range business objectives and strategic plans by identifying internal and external strategic issues that could affect growth and profitability. Analysis of environment for business opportunities and surveillance of the market. Evaluation and review of major marketing, distribution, and manufacturing proposals. Financial analysis of acquisition candidates.
Typical Roles/Area of Focus:
Incumbent’s responsibilities will generally focus on one or more of the following:
· Mergers and Acquisitions
· Competitive Intelligence
· Other Strategic Planning
Level of Responsibility:
· Responsible for entire projects with significant scope and complexity;
· Contributes to the department or business unit by applying their advanced knowledge of one or more functional areas;
· May develop and coach others;
· Has expert knowledge that extends across multiple disciplines.
Specific responsibilities of position: Under the supervision of the Senior Manager, Strategic Sales support, the candidate will be responsible to consolidate our worldwide country strategy.
More specifically, the candidate will work closely will all country/region managers, offset manager, M&A manager, ITC manager (key focus: China, India, Russia, Middle East, South America, Africa) t· identify:
· Key areas of growth;
· Geopolitical landscape that could favor (or impede) P&WC;
· Product, service and support requirements in said countries/regions;
· Investments required by P&WC to penetrate these markets (offsets, in-country production, indigenization);
· Opportunity ranking;
· Identify new business opportunities through a deep understanding of market data, mega trends and propose roadmaps to convert these opportunities into incremental sales;
· Develop a good understanding and knowledge of government regulations, ITC requirements and UTC Code of Ethics;
· Co-ordinate and work closely with Engineering, Operations, Customer Service, Quality, Finance, and other internal organizations on customer focused issues/events;
· Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives. Follow-up on any necessary corrective actions.
Qualifications required: · Bachelor degree with 6 to 10 years experience;
· Master degree with 4 to 7 years experience.
Field of studies: Administration, Administration/Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, Marketing
Additional Information :